Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Karismas pico build (4.4 gallon AIO)

karisma

i also thought id share a pic of my new addition, a rose bubble tip anemone! its still at the lfs "Fish Gallery" until friday. but i took a picture to show everyone, its a clone of one that the owner has in his display, i just happen to be the lucky one to be there when it was removed and put up for sale. :)

post-66802-1315898481_thumb.jpg

its one of the brightest pinks ive ever seen in a rbta.

Wow, I want!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up this great electric power supply to use incase of a power outage. it'll run my pumps and heater for about 20 hours straight if theres ever an outage that long! i could run the led lights too but its not as necessary as flow and heat.

post-66802-1316679597_thumb.jpg

i tested it and it worked great! its constantly in back up mode because it supplys power and charges at the same time! its alot better then my small ups i was using which only gave me about an hour or so.

post-66802-1316679610_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Im toying with a bit of SPS now in the tank as a friend gave me a frag of his colony that broke off. Here are a few recent pics, i think its a digi?

post-66802-1318654553_thumb.jpg

post-66802-1318654544_thumb.jpg

as you can see from the previous FTS m maxi mini has been on the move for quite some time, i think it finally settled at the rear center of the tank, i hate having to move things around to its liking and i hope it stays put now! Anyone have any issues with these anemones "stinging" other coral? my corals all close up if they are in contact with the maxi...

That's one reason I don't think I will get a maxi mini or any type of anemone for my picos ... too unpredictable! But maybe for my 17G ...

That's one reason I don't think I will get a maxi mini or any type of anemone for my picos ... too unpredictable! But maybe for my 17G ...

your right, i may have to relocate my anemone sooon. it should be fine in a 17g your right.

i just got the iphone 4s today and i tested out this better camera and my god, i can get some decent pics finally until i get a dslr, here is a few from the iphone 4s

post-66802-1318837926_thumb.jpg post-66802-1318837932_thumb.jpg post-66802-1318837938_thumb.jpg post-66802-1318837953_thumb.jpg

post-66802-1318838055_thumb.jpg post-66802-1318838064_thumb.jpg

last two are from my 25g nano

post-66802-1318838075_thumb.jpg post-66802-1318838085_thumb.jpg

post-66802-1318838095_thumb.jpg

FTSpost-66802-1318838411_thumb.jpg

thanks, i appreciate the comments, i want a dslr cam so bad! these ones from the iphone 4s are just at best ok. but its been a while for this tank as the coraline is starting to grow nicely on the glass! :)

Builder Anthony

I was about to say thats one heck of alot of closed clove polyps but its a ricordea :) I guess thats a blue xeina in there?

I was about to say thats one heck of alot of closed clove polyps but its a ricordea :) I guess thats a blue xeina in there?

in the last pic right before the fts? nope thats a baby toadstool with its polyps fully extended :)

yes, but also he said about the blue xenia which i think is actually my baby toadstools polyps extended out, the ric actually does look like closed up cloves lol

i wanted to post a pic of a new item i got today as im super happy about it and even though its for the next build i get more love in the pico reef section so here it is :)

I love my granite table lol its a perfect foreground.

post-66802-1319078236_thumb.jpg

Installed.

post-66802-1319078286_thumb.jpg

Here is the new 8g setup, my pico is in the reflection :)

post-66802-1319078347_thumb.jpg

Got a few new inhabitants for the pico...

think its called a high fin banded goby? and also a red starfish, i dont know the I.D. of it.

post-66802-1319357608_thumb.jpg post-66802-1319357737_thumb.jpg

Awesome Tank and pics! The 4S camera looks like it takes pretty good pics.

I love the Zoas in your tank.

Whats the specs on your DIY LED Light?

Awesome Tank and pics! The 4S camera looks like it takes pretty good pics.

I love the Zoas in your tank.

Whats the specs on your DIY LED Light?

THANK YOU :)

The cam takes a bit of light adjusting and playing around with but it can take good pics if you play with it, the zoas i choose are all high color ones i specifically look for, as for the light i used all XR-E Leds in a criss cross pattern with 4 RB and 3 CW with dimmable buckpucks. the housing is an aluminum project box with the drivers and heatsinks attached on the inside, as well as a low voltage fan. all on separate power cords.

found a panda goby at my lfs for 10 bucks. :) its seriously the biggest on of them all but its still literally about at most 3/8 of an inch long, its tiny! this will be one of the 3 fish going into the new tank, other two are a clarki clown and a royal dottyback.

post-66802-1319781804_thumb.jpg

Don't Clarki Clowns get really big? And I think Dottybacks need a lot of space to swim too ...

Don't do it =0/

hmmm ok, maybe ill reconsider, ive got a clarki in my 25g nano though and its really small. i wonder if the royal gramma is any different in the tank size needs.

found a panda goby at my lfs for 10 bucks. :) its seriously the biggest on of them all but its still literally about at most 3/8 of an inch long, its tiny!

i want one for my pico, they look so cute

btw, i put the pics up you asked for

Archived