Coral Vue Hydros

Karismas pico build (4.4 gallon AIO)

karisma

Awesome LED :) i vote remove the clown tho, he looks pretty big for your tank. other than that, everything looks great. i love your coral and scape

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome LED :) i vote remove the clown tho, he looks pretty big for your tank. other than that, everything looks great. i love your coral and scape

yes, his new home will be arriving this weekend, ita a 20 gallon all in one system with a built in ato area, the clown will be replaced with a small goby

Nice maxi mini

thank you! i cant believe how sticky they are!

Silly little creatures.Pom pom crabs.

aren't they? lol its so cool when he takes food right from my tweezers! i feed him a little piece of mysis shrimp twice a week or so....

sweet pico and awesome light fixture! Nice work!

Appreciate the nice comment.

I ordered a two little fishies magnetic aquarium glass cleaner today, as well as a hydor rotating thing. I'm gonna try to fit it in the tank on the end of my output, I have very poor flow right now, the pump is a hydor 300gph but I can't open it up full blast otherwise it creates a wave overspilling in the front of the tank, so I hope I can mount this hydor rotating water deflector thing some how to make it better.

So I think I'm going to add a single red xp led to my light on a 1 watt micro puck driver. I'll post results if the reds/oranges pop more.

anyone have any suggestions on how to help with the green algae issue? I run my lights for a bit to long I think so I would like anyone light schedule suggestions, I would like to run them in the evening for viewing as I work late every day. Maybe leave them off all day till like 3-4pm?

I run a ac70 fuge on a reverse light cycle and it's packed with Cheto right now. I have chemi pure elite in the tanks chamber which I thought would remove all phosphates, I have a little bit of nitrates though so this may be the cause as well right?

Do you still have the fish in there? That would help a lot I think if you took him out.

Really? How so? I'll take him out this weekend when I get the 20 gallon

well i got my 20 gallon all in one today, it has a built in ato resivoir too! im happy about it!

im going to be keeping the pico however, i wont have the clown fish in it as he will be moved to the 20g

i got the picos new inhabitant today, its a yellow clown goby....so cute!

post-66802-1309142428_thumb.jpg

here are a few first pics of the new tank, its stand will be work in progress....AND A NEW LED LIGHT TOO!

post-66802-1309142607_thumb.jpg

post-66802-1309142613_thumb.jpg

Really? How so? I'll take him out this weekend when I get the 20 gallon

The clown adds a lot of nutrients for Pest algae, like GHA. The 20G will handle a fish like that a lot better.

natediggitydawg
Got a few new small goodies :)

post-66802-1309426044_thumb.jpg

This mag cleaner is absolutely the best!

post-66802-1309426054_thumb.jpg

Dude, your tank looks awesome, im putting only frags in mine, wanna grow everything, check back when i post my LED fixture and let me know if im doing it right since it definitely looks like you know what your doing..:)

Thanks for the nice comments Nate! I can help you with anything I can, I certainly don't know everything there is and I doubt I ever will with this hobby! It's extremely difficult to keep steady parameters in these small reef tanks!

On a side note. I'll be posting a pic when I get home of my new toy I got today :)

Thanks for the nice comments Nate! I can help you with anything I can, I certainly don't know everything there is and I doubt I ever will with this hobby! It's extremely difficult to jeep steady parameters in these small reef tanks!

On a side note. I'll be posting a pic when I get home of my new toy I got today :)

Been scratching the #### out of my acrylic pico with that cleaner, but it is really awesome otherwise.

Been scratching the #### out of my acrylic pico with that cleaner, but it is really awesome otherwise.

Hmm maybe it's not the best for acrylic, not alot is safe to scrape on acrylic... on my glass tank it's flawless!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a nice white/greenish fox coral in the tank now, just wanted to post an update with a few pics for everyone to see, the tank is doing really well, including the dendro coral. ill be moving my percula clownfish to the nano tank soon, so the only inhabitants will be the clown goby, the sexy shrimp and the pom pom crab.

Here is a few pics, let me know what you guys think :)

post-66802-1311400403_thumb.jpg

post-66802-1311400450_thumb.jpg

post-66802-1311400553_thumb.jpg

lookin good! have you actually used that reefkeeper for this tank? I've never seen one used on a pico before lol

no, the reefkeeper is for my 20 gallon nano lol I suppose it could work though, bit overkill imo

Funny, the new white fox coral was opened up nicely the first few days and now it's not opened as much, some heads still are but not all of them. I'm wondering if I may have shocked it from the brightness of the LEDs? I did have them turned down to about half on the whites and about 75% blue to light acclimate it. Maybe I needed To dim it more...I'll update again soon.

The Next thing I want to do for this tank is finish the new light fixture :)

Builder Anthony

Nice colors.....is that your real name karasima?Ive been wanting a fox coral as well.I just never see them.

Archived