Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Cadlights 100g artisan?

Asureef

I was planning on putting an order out next week for the 40g artisan, but after seeing this, I don't know. I think, getting the 100g would hold the urge for me to upgrade in the future, but what do you guys think about it? Does it seem like a good package? ... The 40g artisan + Maxspect led that I planned would cost around the same, maybe more. I'm not too sure about cadlights led unit though.

Here's the link,

Cadlights 100g Artisan

i think it'll be a nice tank but i also with 1600$ is a massive waste of money for it when you could get it built with the same quality for cheaper and make the stand a DIY for a bit of extra fun, that tank plus livestock and lighting your in it for 3 grand..........for $1000 u could get a system made and stocked.....but if u have the money then why not

for $1000 u could get a system made and stocked.....but if u have the money then why not

Sounds like wishful thinking to get a new 100g system with sump, stand, light, skimmer, plumbing, return pump, and star fire glass plus rock, sand, water, etc for anywhere near $1000. Especially if it was "made" and not all DIY.

I probably just opened myself up to some ultra DIYer disagreeing though, haha.

check my build, 101g long,. tank was 240$ buying a 100$sump and adding my own baffles, light was $200 skimmer $150 powerhead $100

I understand that you can part these things out for under $1000. That is DIY. OP sounds like he is looking for a ready made set-up. CAD Lights probably won't be beat on price here.

I'm not trying to nitpick, but honestly, I think $1000 is a lowball price for buying a system. Your system does look great though. I am thoroughly impressed, but a lot of the stuff you used, like the powerheads/wavemakers, are chinese non-name brand items. I also don't think you are going to get any reef capable lighting for this size for anywhere near $200. CAD Lights certainly isn't perfect, but for the OPs sake, its going to be hard to beat.

Looks nice - comes fully loaded. Why not go for it?

If you don't already have any equipment to use in that size range why not get that setup? That's pretty much a double-decker AIO. :)

• 2 years later...

Also look at Reef Savvy. They make nice tanks

I understand that you can part these things out for under $1000. That is DIY. OP sounds like he is looking for a ready made set-up. CAD Lights probably won't be beat on price here.

I'm not trying to nitpick, but honestly, I think $1000 is a lowball price for buying a system. Your system does look great though. I am thoroughly impressed, but a lot of the stuff you used, like the powerheads/wavemakers, are chinese non-name brand items. I also don't think you are going to get any reef capable lighting for this size for anywhere near $200. CAD Lights certainly isn't perfect, but for the OPs sake, its going to be hard to beat.

Archived