inTank Media Baskets

101g LOOOONG

Polscot

Picked up 80lbs or rock today for only $200 now thats a deal i can handle, so prolly only need 40-50lbs more, but ill get that from my biocube

i like that list of fish, specially all the lions, thanx for all the great comments guys, ill keep motoring with this slow build lol

heres the rock i snagged

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

theres a couple really nice shelf pieces and base rock pieces, i just scrubbed and washed it as it was sitting in a pale dry for 7 months,

2 days or so once its dryed off ill start my aqua scape

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeh, some of the gear is subpar, if it dosent work ill just buy better no big deal this is my first tank over 30g so im sure there will be alot of fudging and replacing things (hope not though) ><

i started staining the sides of the stand today, dark brown then ill have light brown trim? i think rocks almost dry so ill get around to that tomoro, gunna do something i saw once in a tank and thought it looked killer,

n e ways heres the stain job

just a dark walnut gel stain

Front (the pink foam will get painted and covered with trim lol

IMG_0276.jpg

Right side

IMG_0277.jpg

Left side

IMG_0278.jpg

up close its a semi transparent stain so u can fully see all the details in the wood i didnt want it to look like cheap paint

IMG_0279.jpg

sides on the tank

IMG_0280.jpg

rock scape idea 2 "islands" what do you think

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

cave with ruins, i tihnk it'll look sweet when its covered in coralline

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

ill try a couple more ideas and post them

I'm completely against adding any unnatural decor to a reef tank but you have actually taken an unnatural piece and made it fit in very well. I'm impressed.

I'm completely against adding any unnatural decor to a reef tank but you have actually taken an unnatural piece and made it fit in very well. I'm impressed.

+1. Artificial decor usually looks very tacky, but I didn't even notice the columns in there at first, lol. It goes along very nicely with your tank.

+2

thanx guys, i appreciate all the positive feedback, i think once it gets covered in coralline it'll look awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...

quick question, say i wanted to eventually convert it into a reef, would 6 par38 bulbs hung above this tank work seeing as its only going to be 17" deep water, or would i need 8-9 be more viable

• 2 weeks later...

Archived