Top Shelf Aquatics

25g rimless cube updated pics 12-13-11

briansbelle

briansbelle

Updates:

Got my 2nd par30 bulb today. Love it!

Also ordered a custom overflow box from glazer that will work with my power filter,to get rid of ugly junk on surface.

Added 2 aqua mag rocks to the back wall for more frag space...

I think that damn shroom on the sandbed ate my porcelain crab, haven't seen him in a few days.

Added a royal gramma to the mix, he hides a lot...lol..only time he comes out is to eat

Will be slowly adding in some sps,and more acans.

So far my test acan frag is doing great. And the peppermint is minding her own business,ate 2 small aptasia and leaves the corals alone. When I feed the tank I find the biggest chunk of rods food and give it to her, she hides.

Will update with pics once my overflow box gets here this week.

Will also update pics of the geo cube. Its going to be home to 2 pair of neolamprologus brevis.(shell dweller cichlids). I had them before I started saltwater and they are so cute. Teeny little fish that live in shells the size of medium turbo snails ,but have attitudes like bulldogs...lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
briansbelle

ok couldnt wait on my overflow box to get here. took some new pics today, since i got my other par30 bulb yesterday figured i would update some pics. will take more and update more once my overflow box from glazer gets here :)

favia frag:

DSC03192.jpg

nother favia frag with chocolate paly hitchikers

DSC03235.jpg

kermit my mandarin, female(no spike,shes mean though, i put a male in there(spike) and she attacked him, i had to take him back to the lfs...

DSC03243.jpg

keeko and luna with their dum dum...they host the easter island head...and sleep in it...

DSC03217.jpg

keeko,luna and dum dum again

DSC03247.jpg

shrooms(flash)

DSC03194.jpg

kermit is eating off the aqua mags, almost out of the water...lol

DSC03180.jpg

cinnamon palys and small sea fan

DSC03173.jpg

keds reds colony, one of the first frags i bought when i started saltwater, been with me ever since...

DSC03174.jpg

joker my royal gramma, he mids his own business...my mandarin chases him...lol

DSC03164.jpg

blue shrooms, they have almost a metallic teal color under my leds.look awesome!

DSC03162.jpg

plates: neon green with orange mouths,actually has 2 mouths and 2 plates(mid split)

DSC03161.jpg

huge shroom, it was half this size when i got it....i believe it ate my porcelain crab and has closed up on snails...any ideas on what kind it is? ??????

DSC03160.jpg

FTS:

saltwater left, shellie cube right

DSC03203.jpg

DSC03205.jpg

DSC03196.jpg

shellie tank, will eventually have shells and some small fake plants....also will be putting a rock under the dragon to support him up a little.

DSC03200.jpg

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST FOR FUN, MY BEARDED DRAGON YOGI :)

DSC03209.jpg

Mr. Microscope

Nice tank! I'll be joining the 25 cube party soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

I think that shroom is a rhodactis. It's possible that your porcelain is just hiding in the rocks, maybe to molt. Sometimes I wouldn't see my porcelain for a week or so and then would find what I thought was it's dead carcass, but turned out to be a molt. Keep an eye out for it. That was just in my 3 gallon BTW. I imagine in that cube there would be a lot of places for it to hide.

I love the shellie tank. I have some gold occies myself. They are such neat little fish. What species are you planning on getting?

briansbelle
Nice Job man.

Thanks! Actually woman :)

Thanks mr microscope, I'm hoping I can find him....lol

And I'm so glad I picked this tank up I wasn't going to get it, but figured wth...lol

Can't wait for the aqua mags to get covered in coraline, and get more corals in there.

I love the shellie tank. I have some gold occies myself. They are such neat little fish. What species are you planning on getting?

I'm going to either get neolamprologus minutus(dwarf brevis) or neolamprologus brevis katabe. I had gold occies too..look like little frogs lol!

I like the brevis bc of their underbite, little bulldogs...lol :)

briansbelle

Not sure, I bought it used. I believe its the regular one. The edges have a slight green tint to them. But this tank is so clear, I love it!

• 3 weeks later...
briansbelle

1 month update!!

got my overflow box from glazer and i love it! keeps the surface nice and clean and hides the ugly intake tube of my HOB filter.

surface of water is so clear you can see through it...see???

037-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

glued 2 gsp frags to the overflow box so they will grow on there

035-1.jpg

favia frag

039-1.jpg

briansbelle

no sign of my porcelain crab, hes a goner! :(

button polyps, they look awesome...some have neon green mouths, some have white...with chocolate colored outsides and skirts. they may change color more going from t5s to LEDS.

050.jpg

montipora vietnamensis

045.jpg

blue shroom

036-1.jpg

small appleberry montipora frag, hard to get a good pic...lol

013-1.jpg

briansbelle

Thanks a bunch!

Im almost completely stocked full. I have to pick up 2 favia colonies,a fire shrimp,and a harlequin shrimp then i will be done.

i may also be picking up a 12x3w cree fixture to run with my par bulbs....or see the pars and run only the 12x3w fixture.

The favias im picking up are awesome, one looks to be a dragon soul and the other is a pink mouthed sparkly looking one. Big colonies too, 5" in diameter...im stoked!

will also be adding a huge chunk of flame algae too.

will update pics once everything is in the tank :)

• 2 weeks later...
briansbelle

Will update with pics soon.

Picked up the favias(although one doesnt look like a favia) looks like a favia and a trach made a baby...lol

sold the other favia

the fire shrimp is huge and looks like hes wearing thigh highs...

• 5 months later...

wow havent updated this in forever. i need to update huh? lol

i khavent done too much with the tank, sold off some corals, and have a few that are doing good. just kinda leaving it alone to do its own thing. i top off daily and water change bi weekly

other than that i leave it alone, no new corals or fish or anything.

• 4 weeks later...

kermit my mandarin jumped :(. i kept her alive for 7 months and she ate frozen nutramar ova. i will pick up antother larger male when my red sea max is up(it has a lid)

only 3 fish and a fire shrimp now. have a pom pom somewhere in there,maybe....

dont mind the skimmer, its helping with my algae issues right now, along with tech m...

DSC03374.jpg

sponge

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03398.jpg

montipora vietnamensis

DSC03400.jpg

Legs, my fire shrimp

DSC03391.jpg

Joker, my royal gramma

DSC03386.jpg

my overflow box from glazer! love it! so does my gsp!

DSC03377.jpg

favia

DSC03369.jpg

my babies! keeko(m), luna (f), i have one of them tattooed on my foot, and will be getting the other along with an aussie spider sponge around new years...

DSC03363.jpg

gps growing on the glass, i threw this gsp as a frag over on that side, and now its up the glass and covering a rock in the back...lol

DSC03356.jpg

Archived