Coral Vue Hydros

Jruberti's 11.4 Gallon //AI Nano Added

Jruberti

Thanks!!

I got some crazy growth/color with T5s and LEDs seem to just give me mediocre growth and awesome color.

Which is better: crazy color, or awesome color? LOL

I'd rather have color over growth any day. Our tanks are also very small so keeping the corals a nice small size is not necessarily a bad thing.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is better: crazy color, or awesome color? LOL

I'd rather have color over growth any day. Our tanks are also very small so keeping the corals a nice small size is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think LEDs look more synthetic than T5s, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I agree with the color over growth; that's why I try to dial in a nice 20k look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got a picture of my Rainford's Goby! He is definitely the most timid fish I've ever owned. Sorry for the bad quality picture! I still can't get a decent picture with LEDs <_<

G6awhE8.jpg

I finally got a picture of my Rainford's Goby! He is definitely the most timid fish I've ever owned. Sorry for the bad quality picture! I still can't get a decent picture with LEDs <_<

Are you using a DSLR, point and shoot, or camera phone?

If its a DSLR I found I get excellent pictures by manually white balancing to a piece of white paper near the tank or a white plastic cap in the water. Then changing the image format to high quality jpeg and adding a little bit of blue back to the image after you transfer it to your computer. Unwhite balanced and RAW images just go crazy with blue LEDs and I found this was the only way to get "normal" pictures.

Are you using a DSLR, point and shoot, or camera phone?

If its a DSLR I found I get excellent pictures by manually white balancing to a piece of white paper near the tank or a white plastic cap in the water. Then changing the image format to high quality jpeg and adding a little bit of blue back to the image after you transfer it to your computer. Unwhite balanced and RAW images just go crazy with blue LEDs and I found this was the only way to get "normal" pictures.

I'm just using my roommate's point and shoot; it's a coolpix L610.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived