Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tyron's 10g DIY LED Build

Tyron

Probably going to go ahead and turn this into a full blown nano reef if anyone is following. Lol. Guess I'm goiNg to let it finish cycling and add some sand and some more rock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update.

The tank has been cycled for 2 weeks. I got these pieces of rock, sand, blue legged hermits, and cerith snails for free. It all came from the keys. I added it all a little over a week or so ago. I still need to find a nice piece of LR to set the other rock off. The sand came with some nice worms and things in it. Well here are the pics.

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

All these pics are taken with a htc thunderbolt by the way. They look good when I take them but after I upload to photobucket they look blah. Oh well. Got to work with what I got.

I want to add 2 clowns but Idk. What do y'all think?

• 2 weeks later...

Livestock update

Hello all, got my clown today

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

I know the pics don't look right I have no idea how to shoot with LEDs.

At first I wanted to get 2, but 1)I had to get a medium sized because the tiny ones were all sold and 2)if they have babies I'll have nothing to eat them. So idk. Maybe a yellow or green clown goby. It's crazy once I put the clown in, my girl started referring to the tank as "ours". I just looked at her as she expressed all "her" big plans for the tank. That rascal. He doesn't have a name yet, all before when I thought I was getting 2, the names were going to be Barnum and Bailey. What y'all think?

Corals coming soon hopefully 22 frags of eye candy

Looking good but that chain holding the lights kills me, too funny. Go snag some aircraft cable, the really thin stuff from Home Depot or Lowes, would look much better and much much easier to adjust.

Yea I keep forgetting to go by Lowe's. About how much aircraft cable run? Does it have another name?

Got my corals

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

and i added this one because i have no clue what this algae is?

IMAG0092.jpg

Archived