Top Shelf Aquatics

Tyron's 10g DIY LED Build

Tyron

Much better :) You might want to add some cross braces to those frag rack legs to add a little stability.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I already been thinking bout the chain but idk.

I tested my water today with the API saltwater master kit. The results are as follows

Ph-7.8

Amm-.50ppm

Nitrite-0

Nitrate-0

When I first put water in it two days ago I added about 1/2 tablespoon of pellet food to get the cycle going. Should I add more to get my ammonia to raise more?

No. You didn't need to do anything to get the cycle started. Just let it take it's course.

uhh waiting for cycle sucks.... that is all

*can a mod move this into members aquariums for me*

herranton
uhh waiting for cycle sucks.... that is all

*can a mod move this into members aquariums for me*

It is easiest to pm a mod to have them move it, they can't read every single thread. I would personally pm Orange Crush, she is an expert at moving threads.

You should add some rock to the tank. Even if it is just base rock. You need to have something for the bacteria to colonize. There will be some on the glass and the frag rack but it won't be enough to keep the tank happy.

Oh, excellent job on the fixture. looks great.

Well I had these old pieces of live rock just sitting outside from my BC8. So I tossed them in.

IMAG0046.jpg

Hey guys quick question. Originally I was going to go with the tunze 6015 Ph. But I read its more of a direct flow pattern. I currently have my hydor Pico evolution 1200 (300gph) pump circulating water. And it has a direct flow pattern (of course). Should I get something with a wider flow like a koralia nano (425 gph)?

My whisper 30 came in today, got it on the tank but without the carbon that came with it. Thinking of a way to mod the intake so it pulls from the surface. Maybe using some 1/2 PVC . Still brainstorming though. Trying DrTims one and only also. Will let you know how its going as I monitor the tank. Other then that nothing really going on. I think the pump in the whisper filter adding some heat to the tank but I'm not sure yet. Oh and I also painted the PVC black. Wondering if I should raise the fixture to.

No opinions eh... Its all good. Got another question though. Which would be more beneficial for me if I'm trying to keep Zoas, palys, acans, lps running the filter with chemical media or turning it into a fuge?

Orange Crush
It is easiest to pm a mod to have them move it, they can't read every single thread. I would personally pm Orange Crush, she is an expert at moving threads.

:rant:

first let me say i hate trying to match up these damn colors. but i know im far from color blind.

how does this look?

reeflogsample.jpg

i have NO idea what could have caused that spike in nitrates. my only guess is that i put some purified bottled water in the tank. but would that have caused a huge spike in nitrates?

Soooooo I think I might have gotten ganked on eBay. I bought this refracto used. Guy said it's in perfect condition but shows normal wear. I said cool if it works and can be calibrated all is well. I got it today and it seems that I can't turn the calibration screw. >:(. I don't know what to do. Here it is. It does say marine depot through the lens.

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

Yea it look like saltwater messed up the finish to me. I paid 27$ and shipping was 7$

I don't think I'm going to put up any kind of dispute about it. Cuz the guy said he didn't know much about it. Just take it as a lesson learned. I measured some Wal-Mart distilled water with it and got 0. Definitely going to buy another one that's bnib.

bensanders

Yeah I wouldn't feel too bad about the purchase if it works. You can always try WD-40 on the screw to loosen it up...I'm betting it's corroded in place.

Hey y'all, if my nitrites are high and my nitrates are high should I do a WC? I don't have any ammonia but I'm still cycling. Nothing is in the tank. I use API test.

Quick question. Do I need at least one fish to provide ammonia for the nitrifying bacteria so they don't die off, even if this is just a frag tank?

Archived