Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jonny's ADA 2 tank reef concept

jonny roks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

havent updated much because im waiting for the tank to color up and get some life in it. I have been aquiring new additons - both coral/inverts/and fish.

some of the new additions include

Sinularia

Ricordia

Rodactus

Frogspawn

Blue nano coral Banded shrimp - tinnnnyyyyy

2 anemone crabs

fiddlers

cant wait to replace all these photos with better ones.

The fiddlers are Terrestrial, i would say they average on spending 50% on land and 50% fully submerged. They seem to eat tiny microscopic stuff in the rock and will even eat shrimp/pellets when they come about.

They seem very timid and shy, but really cool to watch them sunbathe lol.

Future TOTM for sure. This tank is a work of art brother.

I hope!

- I had to remove the anemone. He moved on top of some of my new corals and i realized its going to be a fight for space in the long run - and not worth it!. He couldn't just stay in his corner! he was BEAUTIFUL Though.

im off the next few days and plan to quirk up this thread a little with some new shots. Cant wait to get my iphone 4s lol - hopefully get some sharpppp shots!

Heres three more photos i figured i would share.

The first two are some shots of the waterfall. In the photo you can see the tubing [eyesore]. I basically ran the tubing to get water flowing to other parts of the waterfall. I ran 3 in total. It colored up so FAST. In the other photo you can see my little anemone/porcelain crab hanging out where he lives.

waterFALL.jpg

get-attachment-3.jpg

For other people who requested a shot of the lighting

When i move i plan to make some sort of a casing to enclose them. something like a lamp shade effect.

light.jpg

Got my new shipment!

New additions!

Blue Male Fiddler

Purple Porcelain Crab

Locally Collected Naked Goby

Pom Pom Crab

Bangai Cardinal

2 fiddlers [1 tan w/ orange / 1 tan] [females]

Im letting everything get settled in, but heres a photo i could not resist. man he is amazing.

photo1-3.png

Ill work on getting a video up this week.

surgicalsense

Amazing :wub: ... love the several combined environments. What was your inspiration for this setup? Seriously just beautiful. How are the water changes and evaporation issues dealt with?

Amazing :wub: ... love the several combined environments. What was your inspiration for this setup? Seriously just beautiful. How are the water changes and evaporation issues dealt with?

I previously had a 33 gallon rimless reef rdy tank with a massive overflow setup was 36x18x12[from glasscages] and the overflow was something like 10"x8X- i always looked at it and hated the overflow. I wanted to put a tank on it and allow it to drain into the dt but i never got around to it. Then one day i was drunk and said to my reefing buddy i think im going to custom make a setup like the one have today. took me a long time to get this tank going but everything fell into place. I had the idea and had to put it in motion. theres a lot more in store for this setup in the next few months. then once i move i may eventually add another tank to the mix.

The water changes are quite easy, there is around 20-25 gallons in total. i do 1 gallon per week. so far so good.

the evaporation is around 1/2 gallons a day if im running the ceiling fan, 1/4 gallon if not.

surgicalsense

Sweet .... Looking forward to the additions. I am very new to the hobby, almost 2 months old.

Love that booze played a part to light the coal under your fire. Haha!

Your tank is amazing, by far.

Archived