Top Shelf Aquatics

Jonny's ADA 2 tank reef concept

jonny roks

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea! I can't wait to see it stocked.

If you haven't already, you should check out Konolua's tank. He originally started it out as a "volcano", but re-scaped it to have more little above water "lagoons". It's probably my favorite tank here on NR.

jonny roks
Great idea! I can't wait to see it stocked.

If you haven't already, you should check out Konolua's tank. He originally started it out as a "volcano", but re-scaped it to have more little above water "lagoons". It's probably my favorite tank here on NR.

thanks, I have seen his photos and videos but never really checked out his thread. I will check it out. his tank is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hah thanks.

Been waiting so long for deliveries. Received two par 38s and one of them has a bad driver. Go figure lol.

I'll have the LEDs mounted tomorrow

Some photos and a new video.

Tank has a nice cuc and everything is doing great so far

Anyone have any idea how High I should mount the pars? 60 degree optics

1-3-1.jpg

Heres an updated photo with 4 par 38's mounted on a tracklight fixture on a floating shelf. i took like 3 dozen pictures and cant get the color balance to be right. ill work on some real pictures this week..

still need to get my own par38s. borrowed 2 for the install.

This tank is amazing, will you get real bad algae around the waterfall part or is this something you have looked into? Cannot wait to see this with some stock :)

Only time will tell what kind of algae i will get. Not really concerned about it either.

Basically the tank is finished besides a few things. Everything from the holding tank has been transfered over [Coral/Fish/Cuc] I even attached the filter as you can see in the photo for extra bacteria and i added a 20lb piece of liverock to the sump. Ill remove the filter or just move it too the sump area and possibly run some carbon with it. not exactly sure yet.

so far everything seems like it is doing well. Ill probably wait another couple of weeks until i make some new purchases.

still waiting on my other 2 par 38's. Also going to make a strip of mr16's in actinic and other odd color spectrums.

more to follow.

photo-21.jpg

i love waking up too the view. [its right in front of my bed next to my tv]

Archived