Cultivated Reef

Get Ready.... Nimble Nano Ready for Orders

basser1

bensanders

If mine aren't exactly what I expected then I'm sending them back and getting a refund. I have a lenient policy when it comes to product expectations but because of the way this has been handled, my expectations are higher than normal.

Not to say it won't be an awesome cleaner...will just have to wait and see.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bensanders

Seller has stated multiple times that he will ship on the 31st. It didn't happen.

I sent him an email asking if this was the case and of course, he hasn't responded.

Seller has stated multiple times that he will ship on the 31st. It didn't happen.

I sent him an email asking if this was the case and of course, he hasn't responded.

I can't speak to his responsiveness as i've never contacted him, but I placed my order while he was a way on vacation. My order shipped today. Others said they checked their paypal and found shipping information, that is how I found that mine shipped.

Can't wait to see how this thing works given the hype!

recived mine and its a nice product but i expected more from the way everyone made it out to be. its not as strong as i would have liked and the nanomag does a better job. anyone else notcie this or did i just get some weak magnets or something?? im using it on a biocube 29

Hi, did you order the normal or super version? I have the nanomag now, if the super version is <= the nanomag then there is no point switching. I like how the nanomag is soft and able to bend/hug the curved glass. I have a biocube 14.

@Bensanders. Given your attitude, you will definitely be disappointed. I like many others got one several years back, and had to wait at the time longer than expected. However, once it arrived, it was worth the wait, and I'm still using it roughly 2.5 years later. I also just ordered one May 26th, and it shipped today. It's an $18 cleaning magnet, and just doesn't seem to be worth 7 posts worth of whining (on this page; maybe more before this EDIT: 11 total). If you would read this thread, as well as the 40 page thread from before, you would know: They take awhile to get here, but they are a really good product. End of story.

recived mine and its a nice product but i expected more from the way everyone made it out to be. its not as strong as i would have liked and the nanomag does a better job. anyone else notcie this or did i just get some weak magnets or something?? im using it on a biocube 29

Nope you are not alone.They changed magnets from the original or something.I went to use it on my elos and the cleaner part fell onto the sandbed.I took it out and put my 2 little fishes cleaner back in.Gave it to my buddy he said it was not that great he recalls the older ones being nicer.

@Bensanders. Given your attitude, you will definitely be disappointed. I like many others got one several years back, and had to wait at the time longer than expected. However, once it arrived, it was worth the wait, and I'm still using it roughly 2.5 years later. I also just ordered one May 26th, and it shipped today. It's an $18 cleaning magnet, and just doesn't seem to be worth 7 posts worth of whining (on this page; maybe more before this EDIT: 11 total). If you would read this thread, as well as the 40 page thread from before, you would know: They take awhile to get here, but they are a really good product. End of story.

Bigben7 if you are still using the old one wait till you get this one.You are gonna be disappointed.But then again it is only a 18 dollar magnet cleaner.

I am also using it on my Biocube 29g and am not impressed at all by the strength of the magnets. Looks like I will pull the 2 little fishies nanomag back out of the draw and use it again. :angry:

Bigben7 if you are still using the old one wait till you get this one.You are gonna be disappointed.But then again it is only a 18 dollar magnet cleaner.

Not sure if you are being facetious about the $18 magnet cleaner, but I'm just saying that historically on the market, there has been mag float/two little fish cleaner, etc. $5-20 (sucks hard), and high end ones like magnavore ~$50-75 (No idea how they work, bc that is way too much for a glass cleaner).

When I got the nimble for $16 a couple of years ago, it was phenomenal bargain for the price. It sounds like the new one isn't up to par on quality. This may be the difference between him making them by hand, and having them made in bulk...

bensanders
Not to say it won't be an awesome cleaner...will just have to wait and see.

My only issue was the wait time. I don't care if they have always taken long to get them. The seller stated they would ship on May 6th. It shipped on June 1st.

So, bigben, what exactly was your point?

• 4 weeks later...

I have an old one that I made into a frag rack... might have to break it out and put it in the biocube. I would say that it is at least 2-3x as strong as a magfloat.

That being said... wait times like that and poor communication will put you on the fast track for failure.

I have the original nimble and still use it. Two friends have the new ones and it seems a lot stronger to me and of good quality. I tried it for like 3 seconds only though so who knows.

I'll keep the old one because it still works.

The two lil fishies nano mag is pure garbage. That thing is worthless and is one of the worse investments I have made in this hobby.

Thanks for sharing your comments. I may be biased but I have to lean toward agreeing with spham24's comments...

I believe that the new Nimbles actually offer the same power but with more more consistency, quality and durability than the old resin cast pieces I made myself in the backyard. For example if you drop the resin pieces or let them slam together they have a propensity to shatter. The new ones will not do this. I am using the same or stronger grade magnets with the new models as well.

The wait time back in the day was because I hand made them and had to do it outside and was at the mercy of many variables. The delay in shipping my first orders by the date promised was because of a unforeseen problem in the manufacturing process. My manufacture told me they would be ready on X day, then they started making them and had a problem which delay the delivery to me and forced me to push the date. I keep in contact with people who pre ordered to alert them to the challenges and delay.

Subsequently all orders have been shipped the same or next day, even orders placed on Saturday's before the post office closes have been shipped the same day. Not many business doing that today.

That being said I value constructive criticism, it is one of many ways to evaluate for improvement of products and service.

C. Jerome

SmokeyMcreefer

I recently purchased and quickly recived my nimble nano. after much hype and ignoring the negative comments I realized within one minute that I wasted my money. I have a nanocube 24 and the magnets on the nimble are way too weak, it now sits in the drawer and my nanomag is back in the tank. do not buy this product it is a serious dissapointment and another waste of money.

I recently purchased and quickly recived my nimble nano. after much hype and ignoring the negative comments I realized within one minute that I wasted my money. I have a nanocube 24 and the magnets on the nimble are way too weak, it now sits in the drawer and my nanomag is back in the tank. do not buy this product it is a serious dissapointment and another waste of money.

Probably should have bought the numble super for that tank...

bogman2121

I have one on an ADA 45-p and its not anywhere near as strong as I was lead to believe and easily overpowered by the nanomag and mini mag float

lakshwadeep

I just want to note that I like my new [black] nimble super's magnet strength (although I can hear the magnets shifting inside the case!) and size. It's good for most algae except a very stubborn, possibly coralline, algae that requires hand scraping.

Archived