inTank Media Baskets

Vic's 180 Gallon Vivarium (previously a paludarium)

Withers

Arcbound Phyrexian
I'd be worried that pictus cats might be a bit on the large size, plus I'd wager that any small schooling fish get eaten pretty quickly.

This, plus pictus like to be in groups of 6+.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you like the pearl danios, then maybe shoot for a school of about 8, which will keep the top half of the tank occupied. then 6-8 cherry barbs and like four of five cories (peppered, adolfoi, julii, sterbas) would keep the lower half active, and a show fish or two to tie it all together- I'd go for either a m/f pair of pearl gouramis or a single gold gourami.

This sounds like a solid plan to me. As long as I can have killifish to eat the fruit flies that fall in the water (of which there will be many), I'm good with that list.

Looking good! For fish a pair of Golden Dream Panchax Killifish would be great. They stick around on the surface and LOVE fruit flies! I bred them for a while by doing a big cooler-temp. water change along with feeding fruit flies. They'd be very useful and they're pretty too :)

With the danios you wanted a top dweller I'd ditch the killifish and put a small group of celebes halfbeaks.

Wow, that is truly impressive!!!

Thanks! :)

With the danios you wanted a top dweller I'd ditch the killifish and put a small group of celebes halfbeaks.

Why does it seem like finding good info on freshwater fish is so difficult? I get that you don't want to have different kinds of fish taking up the same level, but those halfbeaks look like they would be surface dwellers too. What makes them more suitable to killifish?

Ohhh ok, they're certainly interesting. I'm going to have to see them in person :) They look like they'd suit my needs just as well as killifish would.

I got some of the wood in place and the stand painted. I was hoping the fan controller would blend in a little more, but this is probably as good as I can make it without a lot of extra work.

5744771914_e97096295f_z.jpg

That extra work may pay off in the end, when everything else is looking fantastic, and that control irks you to no end.

Were they pretty peaceful for you? All the info I read about killifish seems to conflict.

Uh I had them along for breeding so I couldn't tell you. I'm sure a mid/low level, fast moving fish wouldn't be an issue with these guys. I change my mind here... a pair of these killies and a small shoal of nice cories would be bad ass!!!

Can't veiw with out a log in. ;)

Oh, well fine. I've been on there for a while too is all I meant to show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

months from now most likely. i still need to get the misting system so I can fill it with plants, and once I'm happy with that I'll add the frogs. Fish will be coming in the next month or so hopefully. The biggest hurdle is just finding time to work on the damn thing.

Awesome build! I'm floored!

So what did you decide on for FW stocking? I think a school of dwarf Cories (albino) would look AWESOME in that tank.

Archived