Coral Vue Hydros

Kazooie's Alaska Photographery

Kazooie

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice pics Kazooie.. one question though, are you using a filter on your camera when taking these pics? UV, Polarized? I have noticed an overall consistent blue-ness to them.

what kind of

fishies

live in ur

alas

kan

lakes

?

Different kinds at different times of the year. :P

Very nice pics Kazooie.. one question though, are you using a filter on your camera when taking these pics? UV, Polarized? I have noticed an overall consistent blue-ness to them.

Thanks! I don't... but should I?

Also, I have about 100ish pictures from this trip to edit still :angry:

Not necessarily. Most people use the UV lense. Others, the polarized.. You can get em cheap online through ebay and they just screw on to the end of your lense.

It must be something to either do with the white balance, or it really is that strange bluey color all over up where you live. It's kinda creepy.

Oh, what advantages are there to using them?

Probably a combination of white balance and it being a cloudy day. :)

I'll get the next set up tonight. :)

Nerrrrrrrrrrr <_<

Still need to edit/upload the next pictures. And I still have some form like 3 months ago still :rolleyes:

Part 3: End of the Trip

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

As you can see, I've actually got some clouds and sky's. These were the last pictures from my trip, but I have more to upload soon from other times. :)

I keep the saturation at -3 on most images. I think there's one or two that I have it a little higher.

Edit: I was thinking exposer, not sure what saturation is.

lawnmowerblenny

I like the over saturated look, I prefer darker shots to shots that are over exposed

saturation=color

Nice photos btw!

colormyheart

Why is everyone so picky about your pictures? I personally find them wonderful. Must every detail be precise? I understand if they're trying to be helpful and give you a few pointers, but most of these 'critics' have to find something wrong, like this whole saturation discussion, and point it out. Maybe it's just because I don't have a keen eye for this type of thing, but I do know a wonderful picture when I see it.

Keep doing what you're doing, Sean. I love your pictures. :wub:

Hmph.

Thanks Miss heart! I don't mind it, whatever helps me become a better photographer. :)

Also, I noticed you have 56 posts now, so your eligible to enter the contest. :)

colormyheart

Hmph. Everyone just seemed sort of impolite about the details. I just like to be angry. :P

I noticed!! I thought I had like 3... Ah well. :lol:

Archived