SaltCritters.com

Kazooie's Alaska Photographery

Kazooie

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did some product Photographery tonight. I really enjoy this kind, and would love to do some work for company's.

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

Enjoy.

I do think these are nice shots. I think the chocolate(?) is a bit too dark to see detail. I also would recommend keeping the background color in each shot the same or else it looks like tungsten lighting which isn't typically used. You can easily set the white balance in camera or photoshop. Keep it up- don't stop practicing!!! :D

I do think these are nice shots. I think the chocolate(?) is a bit too dark to see detail. I also would recommend keeping the background color in each shot the same or else it looks like tungsten lighting which isn't typically used. You can easily set the white balance in camera or photoshop. Keep it up- don't stop practicing!!! :D

Thanks! Yeah, a piece of chocolate. :) That was done with out a light box, but I have one now (DIY'd it an hour or so ago). Thanks for the tips! :)

I think you're on the right track. I agree, that the BG would do the product better justice, if it was a different shade. Keep on keepin' on! Practice (and experimentation) makes perfect.

cool concept project! I agree that it is a little dark though. Also exosket brings up a good point about that background. maybe instead of a new color for the background or just a single color (boring) you could alternate 2 slightly different shades/hues to suggest movement between the pictures?

also alaska was one of my themes I chose in photo in high school (you had to choose a theme for the semester). I went one summer with my family and shot like 19 rolls of film and just developed/printed them over several months lol. alaska is amazing!

keep this pics comin, lookin great!!

Thanks for all the tips! :)

So this was the first time using my light box, and I liked it. In the pictures though, I b-and-w'd the background, but it had a nice light blue shade. :)

More landscape/nature shots eventually, but until then:

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

Enjoy.

Illuminate the subject more. that's what lightboxes are for:

+1

Also what iso and aperture are you using? It looks a little grainy/shallow depth of field (or maybe just out of focus a little?)

In any case more light will help solve all of those things

Still lookin good though! I like the idea a lot, I probably wouldnt think of shooting something like this unless I had it assigned as a project

ISO 200 Aperture 5.0.

Ok, I'll start using my tripod then, and get more light! Thanks for the tips! :)

Also, going on a walk tonight, so I'll get more pictures then. :)

Still editing some picture of lake, but here's one more:

IMG_1708.jpg

Doesn't look particularly interesting or really that good even. It's stuff caught on a spider web using my macro, but I didn't focus it quite right. Here's how I took it:

101_0364.jpg

That's right, less than an inch away from subject. B)

better. still a bit dark (unless it was intentional). what do you use for post-processing?

+1

Also looks like the white balance could be a little off ...unless intentional. It totally works for the pic.

nice use of a shallow depth of field with the foreground and background

Thanks!

I was shooting in RAW so I edited the wb after, but couldn't get it right.

What do you mean by post-processing?

Thanks!

I was shooting in RAW so I edited the wb after, but couldn't get it right.

What do you mean by post-processing?

photoshop, lightroom, etc. It's akin to tweaking your photo in the darkroom if you are using film

I use aperture. I like it.

photoshop, lightroom, etc. It's akin to tweaking your photo in the darkroom if you are using film

I use aperture. I like it.

Oh, I use gimp with UFRAW. Mostly the later though.

You should check what color profile your computer's display adapter uses, as well as the color profile you're exporting your images to be optimized for.

You should check what color profile your computer's display adapter uses, as well as the color profile you're exporting your images to be optimized for.

Not a clue what that means. :blush:

Archived