Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

what coral is this?

classic

i ll try the restor stuff and hopefully it will help... i cant seem to get miysis anyware... tetra marin gel is the best alternative at the moment... about the CuC? what would you recommend? i am still planning a pepperming shrimp and a few sexy shrimp... plus already 3 snails... 2 brittle stars... one hermit... one tube worm shouldnt it be enough for a 6G?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a six gallon I think you are ok on cuc, maybe add nassarius snail if you don't already have one. I wouldn't get that many shrimp for such a small tank. The peppermint shrimp I had attacked my duncan coral, so I won't be getting one of them again. ymmv

Best bet is to slow down and let this coral heal.

thx... i just realized today two heads are splitting... the bad one seems also to recover slowly... here are some pictures... the polyps should be green actually right? gotta look for some healthy torch pictures...

post-42903-1303549509_thumb.jpg

post-42903-1303549523_thumb.jpg

post-42903-1303549538_thumb.jpg

i am currently feeding daily a little tetra marin crisps, added some restore stuff and am filtering with seachem seagel and filter floss for mechanical filtration...

hey quick question... today i noticed everything looked fine with most of the heads the polyps getting bigger and bigger... but after like 7 hours of light they deflated again... plus i noticed some brown stuff on the bad head... before it was bubbles... and out of the bubbles new polyps appeared... now its no bubbles... but like a small brown film... i guess its this brown jelly ;(

here is a picture:

post-42903-1303744609_thumb.jpg

How many hours of light are you giving them? It can be normal for them to inflate and deflate throughout the day. Generally deflating toward the end of the light cycle.

came home today after work... brown jelly now also on the other heads :( on all the heads... is there anything i can do? this was/is my first coral... very sad...

HI YOSHII

Good insight.

That's unfortunate that it's spread.. but don't feel bad. This wasn't your fault, you just had bad luck with what you picked up. We all lose coral from time to time, at least you know what caused yours.

at least you know what caused yours.

To be more specific, I think Xris is pointing to a really crappy local fish store that should not have sold you a dying torch in the first place.

I sure the lesson is learned, if it doesn't look good at the store; don't get it.

That is unless you are trying to be a medic and have the experience and water parameters to rehabilitate.

Archived