SaltCritters.com

zooanthids ID PLEASE

PRReef

They are like a ball of polyps and they only can get attached from a little hole from the bottom of the colony(the hole looks like sea stars mouth).

They look like normal zooanthids when they are fully open but I would like to know the name of this thing since they dont seems to grow like normal zooanthids where every single polyp is attached to a piece of rock or anything else, this ones seems to grow like a big ball and dont like to spread through rocks even when they can :|

lawnmowerblenny

looks like they are pissed off from that damn emerald crab to me.

there is no way on earth your gunna get a positive id with that picture buddy.

we need open polyp pics to id zoas.

yeah, the picture was taken when first introduced in the tank. I will take a picture of them fully open. Actually the E Crab is not bothering anymore, he was introduced the same day and I guess he was curious?? lol!!! it was a big shipment I received a few days ago ;)

yup.......

Instead of boosting your post counts by basically +1ing yourself.. just wait for the new pics. He said they'd be coming.

Judging by the size of the colony and the few that are open, I'm going with Radioactive Dragon Eyes (probably). Answer may change pending pic of the full colony open.

Ok, I just uploaded a video on youtube, you guys may be able to see the polyps extension there. by the way the extension is not too much, its like the little tentacles are not long enough like other zoanthids. I hope the video help you guys to identify this polyps! I will take a photo as soon as I get my Nikon camera back. :)

link

My tank

Monochrome5

The LFS had something very similar to what you have in their coral tank recently. They were a zoa-ish colony growing from one tiny, central spot just like yours. They were labeled "sand polyps". Not very helpful, I know.

Ok, I just uploaded a video on youtube, you guys may be able to see the polyps extension there. by the way the extension is not too much, its like the little tentacles are not long enough like other zoanthids. I hope the video help you guys to identify this polyps! I will take a photo as soon as I get my Nikon camera back. :)

link

My tank

I tried clicking to change the title but nothing happened :huh:

Also I couldnt tell if the music was supposed to be serious or ironic lol

http://zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=15

hahahahahahahaha that was my first time using Flipshare, sorry for the mistakes hahahahaha

MONOCHROME 5: thanks, atleast thats something. Im worried about their diet, Hopefully they are not like sun corals, hopefully they only need light :) I will try to feed them anyways :P they look pretty by now, I hope I can take care of them for very long time!!!

Archived