SaltCritters.com

LED Wholesalers PAR 38 Review

Zepo.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man. I was just looking into a kit from RapidLED, Now I don't know what I want to do. I'd need 3 of these for my 29gal biocube, I'm guessing. so that's a little less expensive than the kit.

Crap.

WillWork4Frags

Definitely going to get one of these. I was just about to spend 30 bucks on an LED moonlight. This dimmable feature makes it worth getting.

It would be nice to swap out for some Cree's though. Can anyone confirm this?

Looks like he has it listed for 69 now. Looks like a neat little bulb gonna have to wait for some more reviews from some of the experts here.

It would be nice to swap out for some Cree's though. Can anyone confirm this?

Virtually impossible and it would cost more than just getting a CREE lamp from Nanotuners or rapidLED. The LEDs will have have different size packaging, require surface mount soldering, different primary optics so the lenses won't fit, etc.

pmoradi2002
Looks like he has it listed for 69 now. Looks like a neat little bulb gonna have to wait for some more reviews from some of the experts here.

Nope still $65 on eBay.

Here are some pictures as promised-

000062.jpg

000067.jpg

000066.jpg

000068.jpg

No Optics

000064.jpg

With Optics

000069.jpg

No optics

000063.jpg

With Optics

000070.jpg

No Optics

000065.jpg

With Optics

000071.jpg

Looks great, but still no par readings?

Im thinking of using this one for my 5.5pico Im in the process of building right now hehe.

I don't have par readings, but I've got to say this bulb is amazing! I couldn't wait any longer and just said, what the hell.. Despite the narrow degree, the fact that it's dimmable is unbelievable.

So im in the process of setting up my 5.5AIO, would this light be enough? Would it light up the back chambers, the tank is only 16"x8"x10" total(back chamber included)

WillWork4Frags
So im in the process of setting up my 5.5AIO, would this light be enough? Would it light up the back chambers, the tank is only 16"x8"x10" total(back chamber included)

Should be more than enough. You would just have to mount it high to get the most coverage.

Yes

I have two on my 7.5 gallon bowfront. As I mentioned before, they are in ZooMed fixtures--may have been a dumb move but looks good and lights excellent.

These are even better. The only reason why Evil's are more expensive are because of the name...just like Apple (you're buying a POS $400 computer for $2000 because it simply has an Apple logo on it).

Not sure if trolling. The sum of the parts for an Apple computer may not make up $2000 (or whatever arbitrary number you want to throw at it) but OSX and other factors (such as not REQUIRING a virus scanner/malware preventative) is well worth the justification IMHO. I'm a system administrator and I deal with Windows machines all day long and coming home to my iMac and OSX is a breath of fresh air. Could I build a "similar" machine for about 75 of the price of a Mac? Yep. Would it run OSX natively and legally? Nope. I used to have the same mindset as you .. "Apple are overpriced blah blah" but the stress free computing I've had the last 4 years with my iMac has paid off several times over.

Not sure if trolling. The sum of the parts for an Apple computer may not make up $2000 (or whatever arbitrary number you want to throw at it) but OSX and other factors (such as not REQUIRING a virus scanner/malware preventative) is well worth the justification IMHO. I'm a system administrator and I deal with Windows machines all day long and coming home to my iMac and OSX is a breath of fresh air. Could I build a "similar" machine for about 75 of the price of a Mac? Yep. Would it run OSX natively and legally? Nope. I used to have the same mindset as you .. "Apple are overpriced blah blah" but the stress free computing I've had the last 4 years with my iMac has paid off several times over.

I work as a technician removing viruses and repairing PC's all day and I still come home to a windows PC after owning many macs and PC's. I don't have an antivirus program installed and if i did AVG is free. I'm not getting into a windows mac debate on a bulb review though I agree that macs are overpriced jokes for people that buy for brand names.

Archived