Cultivated Reef

LED Wholesalers PAR 38 Review

Zepo.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, if I had multiple units would I have to have multiple controllers or would one control all of them?

Pretty sure one would control them all. I'm also sure if you got really close to one and didn't let the remote signal get to the others (put your hand around it) you could also control them individually.

Pretty sure the light caused my Halimeda to turn sexual...water is super cloudy. I removed most of it and need to buy some more salt to do another major water change. This light killed off most of my good and bad algae which is really stressing out my tank.

AquaticEngineer
I'm in the same boat as you. I see awsome colors , but thats seems to be about it.

This is the exact reason whey this light will be perfect for non-photosynthetic tanks.

Since par is no factor with NPS, the appility to adjust the visible light while having a compact single light is very useful.

Even more so for a tank like mine that needs fairly tight optics to penetrate a very deep tank, the fact that it comes with 30 degree optics is a plus for me.

I think I'm gonna put one on order from ebay right now.

Cool, looks like a decent product.

I would guess that the par numbers are pretty decent, because of the angle on the optics. Someone who knows about LEDs and such should probably look at the data sheet though just to make sure everything checks out.

good luck, sucks about your algae. I just had my grape caulerpa do that to me... I removed most of it but I stupidly left some in there, so if it grows a lot and then kills my tank I'll have myself to blame...

I had the same question and contacted them about this this is their response:

Dear syris1377,

Hello:

Theoretically the remotes should work with multiple bulbs. However, we've found that they don't always work smoothly this way.

Regards,

LEDwholesalers

Also, if I had multiple units would I have to have multiple controllers or would one control all of them?

Cleaned up the cloudy water and everything is back to normal. The coral I have loves the light, SPS polyps are extending more then ever and everything is opening and closing as usual. Color is about 100 times better then with everything else. The only thing i'm pretty sure I lost is my plate coral, partially because it was already doing bad and the light shock took its toll.

On another note does anyone have a par meter i can borrow?

wonder how many i would need for a 20L since they are only 30degree wonder if 2 would be enough and have them on an angle lighting the tank on each side

Two would work as one barly works on my 10. I would imagine you would have incredible par numbers though. None has a par meter I could buy or borrow?

wonder how many i would need for a 20L since they are only 30degree wonder if 2 would be enough and have them on an angle lighting the tank on each side

I'd actually consider 3. I have 2 60 degree PAR38's over my 24" tank and it works fine, but I think with 30" I'd need 3 to avoid shadowing.

I'd actually consider 3. I have 2 60 degree PAR38's over my 24" tank and it works fine, but I think with 30" I'd need 3 to avoid shadowing.

+1, I have 2 40degree Par30's over my AGA 15 which is also 24", and there is still shaded areas at the far ends. It'll also depend on how high you mount the light.

BTW would it be possible to swap the optics out on this bulb? If I read correctly, for Evil's Par38s, its possible but is a PITA.

pmoradi2002
BTW would it be possible to swap the optics out on this bulb? If I read correctly, for Evil's Par38s, its possible but is a PITA.

IMG_0041.jpg

^^ Did you find which optics to buy?

Yeah, it's possible on Evil's and RapidLED's because they both use standard CREE XR-E optics. It might be a challenge to figure out which ones to buy for this bulb.

Archived