Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jedidad's 29g Biocube (New Pics 12/8/11)

jedidad

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cool tank, has the flame been aggressive to your other fish or nipped corals?

not yet(knock on wood), but i'm watching it very closely.

That coco worm is gorgeous!!!

Thanks. I've wanted one for a long time. I have a couple feather dusters that were hitchhikers that have done very well so I figured I'd give it a shot. Now I want to start trying some SPS. I'm dosing vodka to try and get my nitrates down as close to zero as possible. I'm usually running around 7 or 8 nitrates before I started dosing. We'll see how it goes.

Never though I'd say this, but that's one nice worm!

thanks. i was going to get a smaller one the lfs had but my wife wanted the big one with two heads. I just need to find the right place for it in the tank. the tube is so long it makes it a little hard.

Thanks. I've wanted one for a long time. I have a couple feather dusters that were hitchhikers that have done very well so I figured I'd give it a shot. Now I want to start trying some SPS. I'm dosing vodka to try and get my nitrates down as close to zero as possible. I'm usually running around 7 or 8 nitrates before I started dosing. We'll see how it goes.

Right there in the club with you.

How is the coco doing?

Right there in the club with you.

How is the coco doing?

sorry. i've been at the lake on vacation for the last week and will be home tomorow night. I'll post an update when I get back and check on everything.

got home from vacation today and everything is looking great in the tank. i'm going to do a water change tomorrow and maybe take some more pics. i need to call my lfs and see if he got in my replacement black and white clown yet also.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my Blasto for several months now. I bought it as a single head and it has been doing really well. It even had about 3-4 new small heads growing on it. Yesterday I got home from work it its not looking so good. It has a little bit of skeleton showing on the side that faces into the water flow, and it is not opening up like it was. Could it be that it has too much waterflow? Sorry, no pictures because my wife has the camera out of town right now. All my paramaters look good except the calcium and alk are a little low because I am due a water change. Any help would be great

• 1 month later...

Well, things have not gone at all well for me over the past month and a half. My wife of 13 years passed away on Aug 30th. She was hospitalized for three weeks with Guillian-Barre syndrome in early August. She got to come home for almost a week to continue her recovery when she had a massive brain aneurisym. By the time she got mediflighted to OKC she was already gone. She was loved by all who were lucky enough to know her and will by truely missed. I had not been able to take care of my tank for a month and a half because of this and I had a few losses because of it. I lost my green mandarin, a flame angel, a one polyp frag blasto and my blue maxima clam. I am now trying to get things under control in my tank and will later try to start adding to it again. Right now I don't have much enthusiasm for anything so I will stick to just trying to get things right with my life and my tank again for a little while. My wife loved the tank and I intend to continue to make it all we wanted it to be. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope that each of you take the time to appreciate and enjoy those that you love in your life.

I'm extremely sorry for your loss, the thoughts and prayers of all of us here at NR are with you and your family. Hopefully your tank will remain a part of your life as it could serve as a sort of therapy while dealing with getting things in order.

Thanks for the sympathy. The kids and I are taking it one day at a time. Good news is that the tank seems to be alright now. I'm gonna do another water change before trying to add anymore livestock. My lfs is holding a black and white clownfish for me. I will try it and give it a while before adding anything else.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a while since I have posted so here's an update. Looks like stray voltage was my problem with keeping fish. I replaced all the old equipment in the tank and plan on adding a new fish soon. I found out that since my house isn't wired for ground that I can't test for the stray voltage and that is why it got by me. Luckily my corals and inverts were not affected by this problem.

Here are some pics of the livestock I have added since I went away for a while.

Skunk cleaner shrimp

DSC04417.jpg

Arrow crab

DSC04410.jpg

My first Acan

DSC04409.jpg

ORA Acro frag. LFS didn't know the name and I can't find it anywhere. ID help would be appreciated.

DSC04407.jpg

Green mushroom

DSC04399.jpg

Blue mushrooms

DSC04395.jpg

More pics.

Monti cap

DSC04393.jpg

Hawaian feather duster

DSC04387.jpg

Duncans

DSC04386.jpg

War Coral

DSC04385.jpg

Rose BTA

DSC04381.jpg

I'm looking into switching from my 150w metal halide to a LED fixture that the LFS has. It has a total of 60w and I believe that it is 20 3w LED's in two rows. Half blue half NW. I will have to get the name brand later but I was wondering if this would be enough light or too much. It is also dimmable if it is too much light. What do you all think.

I plan on adding a fish soon. Any suggestions for something that you don't see everyday? I do want to try to pair up my clown with a black and white clown again, but I need some ideas for other fish. The clownfish is the only fish in the tank right now.

Archived