Innovative Marine Aquariums

reefrooks 60G shallow

reefrook

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read through, AWSOME tank. The dimensions are great. Nice clean look too.

Good luck

gg

true story - wrasse can jump through the netting if sufficiently motivated.

yea..i've heard stories about them but the netting i got is fine enough so that the only way through it is to tear it.

I really dig the simplicity & open area in this tank. I absolutely adore the blenny, too! Nice job!

Sorry to hear about the watchmen. Nice job on the top!

Looks awesome rook!Sorry about the watchman but that blenny is awesome!

Just read through, AWSOME tank. The dimensions are great. Nice clean look too.

Good luck

gg

thanks guys! i'm really happy with how the top turned out considering it only cost me around $5. and yea, i too am loving the blenny. he's finally comfortable in the tank and has started to graze on the rocks. a really beautiful fish to watch.

your setup is wicked was wonder where in your house is it can we get a far away shot of your tank

thanks andre.

here you go. this is the view from my couch in the living room

01025ea6.jpg

d'Espresso

Very nice view from there! I can just sit at the table for hours eating and enjoying the view! Lol

Builder Anthony

I thinid mov theable rht up to i.Actually i know i would.One day you might find your furniture moved around and 2 people sitting there :) Actually i think he does set it up that way cause theres a chair missen on that side.Oder some pizza and chill.

Very nice view from there! I can just sit at the table for hours eating and enjoying the view! Lol

yep…i do that now even though i have only one fish and no corals.

I thinid mov theable rht up to i.Actually i know i would.One day you might find your furniture moved around and 2 people sitting there :) Actually i think he does set it up that way cause theres a chair missen on that side.Oder some pizza and chill.

thanks anthony… a little creepy if i did find people there but thanks :P

i need some help in figuring out what to do for flow.

- i plan on keeping mostly sps

- acrylic is 3/4" thick (which why i sold my mp10)

- sand is very fine

- tank is shallow (12 in. height)

at first i was thinking about 2 mp40 but that might blow the sand around

then i was thinking 2 koralia evolution 1400, but will that be enough flow?

any suggestions?

great setup. congrats

thanks droid! love that sig

• 2 weeks later...
I would go with two tunze 6055's i had them in the past and they were excellent powerheads.

thanks for the input hype. i actually came across a good deal. 2 Koralia 4's, 1 Koralia 3, and 1 Koralia 2 for $60. now i'm just having trouble finding the right combination and placement to get a good amount of flow without sand being moved around. right now i got one K4 on the back, left side and one K2 on the front, right side. if i were to add another, sand is blown around and there are spots where the bottom of the tank is exposed. it's been almost 2 weeks of this. :angry:

i was thinkin the same thing glenn. i just didn't know if the mp20 would generate enough flow to reach the other end of the tank. i don't want to buy a 20 only to find out that i need to buy another pump to achieve high flow.

I see you got 5 pumps and all but if you're still considering a mp40, just know that the mp20 uses the exact same wet side/(dry side too i think), so the only difference is power at the box, since you wouldn't be running the 40 at full power there's no reason not to get the 20 (or 2)

I see you got 5 pumps and all but if you're still considering a mp40, just know that the mp20 uses the exact same wet side/(dry side too i think), so the only difference is power at the box, since you wouldn't be running the 40 at full power there's no reason not to get the 20 (or 2)

actually, the 5 pumps are out. they were just temporary. and right now, since i just bought some koralias, the mp20/mp40 will be something i will purchase later down the road. i see what you're getting at though. hopefully once i'm ready to buy, some mp20s will be available. i've finally setup my koralias so that no sand is being blown around. i can only imagine having to deal with 2 mp40s. omgomgomg

thanks for the advice sfork!

so the final setup is 2 Koralia 4's on the right side.

b568f1c3.jpg

i was hesitant on keeping pumps on only one side of a 4ft tank but this is the only setup that does not blow sand around and surprisingly, it creates high flow all the way to the other side.

7671d7d3.jpg

in other news… i stopped by the lfs yesterday and saw a divided leopard wrasse. after a lot of late night research, i pulled the trigger.

4baae050.jpg

i took some video when i first put him in cause i thought he'd go darting into the sand like many have said, but this guy didn't. dropped him in and 20 minutes later he was picking at the rocks like he was home. i still got to pick up some prazipro for some prophylactic medication. other than that, so far so good, but i'm still nervous fingerscrossed

buddies already

1b3fc189.jpg

Dude.. your tank is amazing! That minimalistic scape looks SO natural, and yet perfect! I will definitely be subscribing to this thread. Awesome tank dude! My dream tank right here.. scape and all!!!

Awesome leopard wrasse. I'll be getting one like it sooner or later <_<

you definitely should. it is a beautiful fish.

Dude.. your tank is amazing! That minimalistic scape looks SO natural, and yet perfect! I will definitely be subscribing to this thread. Awesome tank dude! My dream tank right here.. scape and all!!!

wow…thanks zero. feels good to know that my tank has inspired someone. thanks for subscribing…progress is going slow right now, but i'll make sure to update as it happens.

Looks great rook. You have so much space you should pick up a large florida fighting conch its amazing how fast they can clean up diatoms.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I just saw your build thread....I love that tribal blenny, where did you find one....none of the lfs I have been to has it, and I want one..

Looks great rook. You have so much space you should pick up a large florida fighting conch its amazing how fast they can clean up diatoms.

thanks hype. yea, i've been looking for one but none of the lfs in my area carry them. guess i'll just get one from reefcleaners.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I just saw your build thread....I love that tribal blenny, where did you find one....none of the lfs I have been to has it, and I want one..

i got mine at Pet Adventurez in North Hollywood. I just called and they still got one tribal blenny. Give them a call (818)284-4525. Actually if you want any fish, Nora (the owner) will get it for you.

Archived