ReefCleaners.org

reefrooks 60G shallow

reefrook

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking great. Following along...

thanks v

Great deal... Tagging along with u bro!!

thanks for looking!

Cheapreef27

Hi, i think this tank could look really nice! just wondering, when you were in Chicago, what was your LFS. I like Aquatic world, but thats just because of the quality, not the prices.

Hi, i think this tank could look really nice! just wondering, when you were in Chicago, what was your LFS. I like Aquatic world, but thats just because of the quality, not the prices.

i lived in the nw suburbs in streamwood so i frequented beyond the reef, advanced aquatics and aquarium adventure (whenever they had the half off sale). i very rarely bought corals from any lfs because of the prices. if you ever go by wood dale, i got the number to a distributer. if you call they actually let you into their facility where you can purchase livestock at wholesale prices. pm me if you want more info.

your aquascape looks great, don't touch a thing!!! i really like the dimensions of the tank as well, nice find!

you may want to reconsider the mp40. i highly doubt that you will be able to use it at much more than 50% before you start blowing snad everywhere (because the tank is so shallow). an mp20 would probably be a better fit, and would be drastically cheaper. check the classifieds on rc, people are selling mp20's fairly often.

your aquascape looks great, don't touch a thing!!! i really like the dimensions of the tank as well, nice find!

you may want to reconsider the mp40. i highly doubt that you will be able to use it at much more than 50% before you start blowing snad everywhere (because the tank is so shallow). an mp20 would probably be a better fit, and would be drastically cheaper. check the classifieds on rc, people are selling mp20's fairly often.

i was thinkin the same thing glenn. i just didn't know if the mp20 would generate enough flow to reach the other end of the tank. i don't want to buy a 20 only to find out that i need to buy another pump to achieve high flow.

• 2 weeks later...

the tank is now ready for livestock and i also got sick of looking at stationary rocks. i picked up some hermits as the first members of the cuc. planning also on adding some ceriths and a conch. but the captain of the crew is this guy

6d4ada15.jpg

although very greedy at times (exhibit A: above munchin' on the pellets i left for the watchman), cleaners are great at making sure all food is eaten.

and here's a pic of the watchman pissed that dinner was snatched from him

55caf158.jpg

that's it for now. i know it's not the most glamorous of livestock additions but a watchman was the first fish to go in my 10gal, so it's only fitting….

I love the look of this tank! It looks like the watchman is diggin' the open area!

thanks willy. and yea, since he's the only fish, he roams pretty far from his burrow. he better enjoy it now…

what ever happened to your 20h? still running?

teamschreiba

Great looking scape! The dimensions on this tank are perfect too, I can't wait to see it all filled up with fish and coral :happy:

thanks willy. and yea, since he's the only fish, he roams pretty far from his burrow. he better enjoy it now…

what ever happened to your 20h? still running?

Lack of time (school) and money (school) happened to that tank. I am planning a medium size shallow tank for this summer.

Lack of time (school) and money (school) happened to that tank. I am planning a medium size shallow tank for this summer.

i'm feelin you on the lack of money… kind of got that going for me right now. well gl on the new tank, hopefully you get that going soon

Great looking scape! The dimensions on this tank are perfect too, I can't wait to see it all filled up with fish and coral :happy:

Let's get some more fish and coral up in this tank!

it's going slow, i know. hopefully i'll start filling it with coral soon. i got a fish getting qt'd at the lfs. picking him up tomorrow.

picked up my new fish today, a tribal blenny. i haven't really seen these guys anywhere. i know a couple people on this site have had them. but in any case, i love this guy. the markings on his face are pretty wicked.

5047b031.jpg

a05c26a5.jpg

32e8e823.jpg

awesome blenny! never seen one of those before

yea, he's great. i did some research and it turns out that they're fairly new to the hobby.

came home last night only to find my dog sniffing my watchman on the carpet. sucks… one of the pitfalls of topless tanks. so this morning i stopped by the hardware and fabric store and put together a top.

eda6aaf8.jpg

i was a little worried that it may impede with the sleek look, but i guess it don't look that bad

5d2338b3.jpg

(what does look bad is the 5 pumps i got in there. i'm still saving up for an mp40)

now i can be sure that my blenny's safe. and this also opens up the option to keep fish like jawfish and wrasses.

Top doesn't look bad at all. I'd think twice in the mp40. I think your going to have to keep it turned way down to keep that sand from blowing around. Id go for 2 mp10 wES if you can. I was planning to do that with the 48x24x12 I'm setting up, but the acrylic is 1/2". Thinking I'll use four koralia evolutions instead.

Sorry to hear about the watchman. Do you think you will get another one?

i don't think so. i was thinking maybe a pair of yasha or maybe even a jawfish.

Very sleek. What skimmer did you end up getting?

haven't gotten a skimmer yet due to lack of funds. right now i've got my sights on the bubble magus nac7.

Top doesn't look bad at all. I'd think twice in the mp40. I think your going to have to keep it turned way down to keep that sand from blowing around. Id go for 2 mp10 wES if you can. I was planning to do that with the 48x24x12 I'm setting up, but the acrylic is 1/2". Thinking I'll use four koralia evolutions instead.

yea, my acrylic is a little under 3/4". that's why i went ahead and sold my mp10. i was thinkin some koralias but i just don't like the look of having multiple pumps.

Archived