Innovative Marine Aquariums

29g "Radion" Biocube

Thrassian Atoll

Do you think this will suffice as a good frag tank or should I add something? Eventually I will add an ATO and what not. Just wondering if I have missed something of importance?

Where did you get this light/brand. Also, is the T5 enough to grow sps frags?

Thrassian Atoll
Where did you get this light/brand. Also, is the T5 enough to grow sps frags?

I listed the light in the frag tank section above. It is a Nova Extreme 24" 4x24watt T5. I think it should be enough light for sps up high. I will only place sps on the top rack 3" below the surface. It will be a long time before I am fragging sps though.

Other than that, should I be good to go?

• 1 month later...
Thrassian Atoll

Just a little update...Bought some mushrooms. I will post pics today sometime. I also have bought a few sps frags. Unfortunately, these have lost a lot of color, and I am not positive why. I believe do to phosphates, but my test are zero. I will be adding carbon and rox here shortly. Hopefully that helps. I am not even sure how I have any phosphates though. I do not have any fish right now and have not had one for almost a month...so I am not feeding the tank really at all. If anybody has any insight, feel free to help.

Just a little update...Bought some mushrooms. I will post pics today sometime. I also have bought a few sps frags. Unfortunately, these have lost a lot of color, and I am not positive why. I believe do to phosphates, but my test are zero. I will be adding carbon and rox here shortly. Hopefully that helps. I am not even sure how I have any phosphates though. I do not have any fish right now and have not had one for almost a month...so I am not feeding the tank really at all. If anybody has any insight, feel free to help.

Maybe change the frag location? What kind of lights were they under before they made their way to your tank?

Thrassian Atoll
Maybe change the frag location? What kind of lights were they under before they made their way to your tank?

They all came from bigger tanks, some from 250 watt MH setups to 400 watt setups. I raised my light a little bit, hoping that will help. Some of them looked bleached, but my slimer is pure brown. All except the slimer are showing polyp extension. I think the slimer is a goner though. I would post some picks, but all I have is an iphone and I can not get good looking sps with that.

Edited by TILTON
  • 1 month later...
Thrassian Atoll

Man, been a while since I have updated this thread. Tank is doing great, and has been running for about 8 months now. I will post some new pictures next week.

• 1 month later...
Thrassian Atoll

Here are some new pics, unfortunately all I have is an iPhone. Hoping to have some better ones here in the near future. The tank turned 9 months old on the 1st. I need to finish updating the first page with the livestock list.

62.jpg

For some reason I keep getting algae on this one rock that all my zoas are on...

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

Thrassian Atoll
Tank is looking really good! Still have your frag tank running?

Thanks a lot. Not sure I mentioned it in any earlier posts, but I found a 34g solana for cheap and turned that into my frag tank. It has a scratch here and there but a great frag tank. Most of my zoas are in there too right now and not in the main tank. I actually just took a couple pics last night of the frag tank. I will post them later this evening.

I also just put together a zoa group buy from Akwarius for my local area. We are going to be getting some really nice zoas. I myself bought an utter chaos and a space monster. His stuff is pretty amazing. Here is the thread. http://www.salt-city.org/showthread.php?24...-group-buy!!

Thrassian Atoll

In the group zoa buy I picked up a space monster and an utter chaos. Wont get them until next week though. The group buy was a huge success though. Best way to go if people in your area want zoas.

Thrassian Atoll

Picking up a Mccosker Flasher wrasse tonight. Will be put in my Main display with my yasha hashe goby.

Also picking up a 4 line wrasse to go and be the only fish in my frag tank.

Thrassian Atoll

Fish are doing great. Thursday my frag tank will have about 80 more zoa frags after I get the shipment in from the group buy. I will take a couple pics. Hopefully they all open before I disperse them Saturday.

Picking up a Mccosker Flasher wrasse tonight. Will be put in my Main display with my yasha hashe goby.

Also picking up a 4 line wrasse to go and be the only fish in my frag tank.

Flasher wrasse is on my wish list for my next tank. Any pics?

Thrassian Atoll
Flasher wrasse is on my wish list for my next tank. Any pics?

I will try and get some pics soon. The rest of the week is pretty swamped with getting these zoas in from the group buy but I will try and get a couple pics. The great thing about the flasher wrasse, he actually stays out and swims!!! Crazy. My yasha I see once a week.

Thrassian Atoll

ZOA GROUP BUY

Alright, Lets start by saying GREAT JOB AKWARIUS!!! A+. Shipping and Packaging was great. Everything was packaged in its own little bag and labeled nicely. Multiple heat packs. The temp of the water was 70 when I got home. Multiple polyps on frags that were only suppose to have one, just great great experience overall. Most importantly, nothing was DOA!!! Over a hundred plugs and nothing was dead. I had almost a whole page written, but my computer sucks and I had to restart it... Anyways here are the pictures from receiving the box, to acclimation, to going into the tank.

13170b42.jpg

b819085c.jpg

9071ef20.jpg

7e9faed1.jpg

b5d4724c.jpg

c8ed2ed4.jpg

6766982e.jpg

f117a0cd.jpg

721b4dde.jpg

d1d81651.jpg

Thrassian Atoll
Wow, that's a lot of frags.

Tell me about it. Took forever to put in acclimation, and then the tank. Had to map everything out.

Too bad they are not all staying in my tank.

Thrassian Atoll

All of the zoas are doing great. Most are out of my tank already though :(. The utter chaos and gonzo space monster look amazing!

Thrassian Atoll
Weekends and nights are a bit slow on the forums. Looks like you got one huge shipment in.

Yeah, it was a big shipment. Around 130 plugs or something like that. If it was not for the wife helping me, this would have been overwelming. We had to map the tank out and the acclimation tub. Get them all out and in ect. Put a lot of time in running the group buy. But it was well worth it.

I know it's not as lively on weekends. I just said that about my thread in general. I get plenty of views, just not many comments. I would love to hear some feedback, positive, negative. Always willing to learn.

Your tanks are pretty damn nice Tilton, but really? Complaining about low trafic? You have a solana frag tank and what might as well be a rock pile 29g biocube. Of course you have no other comments. Move to an interesting scape or let the corals grow out for 6 months before you post another update, then you will get wicked views and comments.

You have some great live stock but your photographs don't do them justice. My advice would be to spend some time learning your camera a better. Switch over to manual mode and start shooting off of a tripod. If you are using a phone, I would stop, you just can't get good photos with a camera phone.

I'm sure you know this already but pictures are what people look at first, if the photo's don't support stopping to read than it will not happen for you.