Coral Vue Hydros

29g "Radion" Biocube

Thrassian Atoll

• 2 weeks later...
Thrassian Atoll
Hows the fish and zoas treatin ya?

Hows the fish and zoas treatin ya?

The fish and zoas are doing great. The YWG finally started coming up to the front of the tank. I will try and get some pics, but my camera is so crappy that I can barely take pics of anything inside of my tank...looking for a new camera though

Like the tank and Scape work. YWG are a lot of fun. Going to get mine a buddy soon so they can tear up the sand together. Since he doesn't quite dig burrows out yet he just makes these big piles of sand lol.

IMG_0985.jpg

Cracks me up.

Edited by KissMyDSM

very nice setup.

one question, is that koralia really needed with the mp10? I was looking into the MP10's to remove the koralias and have one small unit that could handle the whole tank.

Thrassian Atoll
very nice setup.

one question, is that koralia really needed with the mp10? I was looking into the MP10's to remove the koralias and have one small unit that could handle the whole tank.

Thank you. I do not think you need it. I had one laying around though. I actually have a couple laying around, so I hooked one up to a timer. I am going to want sps someday, so I don't think having a k1 in there, on top of the mp10, will hurt. I am still a newbie though.

• 2 weeks later...
Thrassian Atoll

Quick update...Everything looks great. The coralline on my rocks are turning a very deep purple. I still have a little GHA and I think a tiny bit of bryopsis. But I do not think it will last much longer. I am getting a few frags of some very nice LE Zoas next week and I will post some pics.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick update...Everything looks great. The coralline on my rocks are turning a very deep purple. I still have a little GHA and I think a tiny bit of bryopsis. But I do not think it will last much longer. I am getting a few frags of some very nice LE Zoas next week and I will post some pics.

Good deal.

Hey Tilton, you posted a msg on 1 of my threads so I decided to look for some pics of your tank sure enough you got your own thread. aquascape and tank look awesome :)

Thrassian Atoll
nice......

Thanks alot

Good deal.

Thanks

Hey Tilton, you posted a msg on 1 of my threads so I decided to look for some pics of your tank sure enough you got your own thread. aquascape and tank look awesome :)

Hey, Thank you man

Thrassian Atoll

Some of my new Zoa's. Sorry about picture quality. I still have not bought a camera yet

KO NIGHTMARE, CAPTAIN AMERICAS, BLUE HORNETS, SAINT V DAY MASSACRE

post-65599-1308155907_thumb.jpg post-65599-1308155965_thumb.jpgpost-65599-1308155958_thumb.jpg post-65599-1308155948_thumb.jpg

RED HORNET, PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS, VIVID RAINBOWS

post-65599-1308155933_thumb.jpgpost-65599-1308155923_thumb.jpgpost-65599-1308155983_thumb.jpg

My yellow Watchman Goby, who is a steel color.

post-65599-1308156497_thumb.jpgpost-65599-1308156506_thumb.jpg

Edited by TILTON
I would love to hear some feedback

Wow!, seems you have resolved your lighting / ato / cooling issues resolved.

Very nice setup!

How much $$ to set up this lighting / ato / cooling solution?

Thrassian Atoll
Wow!, seems you have resolved your lighting / ato / cooling issues resolved.

Very nice setup!

How much $$ to set up this lighting / ato / cooling solution?

Thanks,

Well I bought the light used a couple of years ago, brand new they ran for around $500, used these days, I think they go for around $150 to $200. But then I switched the bulbs and that was around $100. The hang on kit was I think $25.

The ATO was $90, not including tubing, the reservoir or the pump.

The fan was around $50. But you would want a temp controller too unless you want the fan on 24/7

Thrassian Atoll
nice set up i love the new zoas

Thanks, I also have candy apple reds, purple deaths, radioactive dragon eyes, and eagle eyes. I could not get a good pic of those though

Thrassian Atoll
it does not look like the rockwork leaves much for animals to explore and nocturnal ones to live.

There are a bunch of caves and areas to explore. From the pics it may not look like it...but the rocks have settled since setting the tank up, leaving gaps in a bunch of them. I also had to move some rocks around. I will put some 3 month tank shots up in a week or so.

Thrassian Atoll
Beautiful tank! The yellow watchman goby seems like a hoot.

Thanks a lot. He is pretty funny. I clean off the rock he perches on and lives behind, in the second pic, every other day and he keeps putting the sand back on it.

Thrassian Atoll
How is the skimmer doing with the maxijet??

It is doing great. It produces a lot more bubbles than the stock one. I feel like I am always adjusting and messing with the skimmer, and dialing it in even more, probably do not need to be though. I am just that type of person. Always messing with stuff and being extra picky. Here is a link to a thread I made about it, with some more pics. It is not producing coffee yet, but I have a small bioload, I am sure that makes all the difference too

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=269056&hl=

Haha, I just realized that you posted on that thread

Edited by TILTON
Thrassian Atoll
i am like you. i really need to just keep my hands out of the tank for a solid month

Yeah, I am sure sticking hands in there everyday is not a good thing