Coral Vue Hydros

Any plans to carry/sell...Add your suggestions here!

RESONANCE

**EDIT** Everyone add your suggestions on this thread for John to consider!!

Hi John,

I was just wondering if you've any plans to carry/ sell Shoal grass and Star grass this year?

Thanks.

johnmaloney

shoal grass usually is beat up in drift, star grass usually doesnt show up in drift until the boaters start taking to the waterways in earnest. The seagrass beds themselves are massive and easy to find, but I am not allowed to dig it up, you have to wait until it is in drift and that is when it gets tricky. That is why we dont carry turtle grass...it is super abundant, but it never shows up with roots in drift...never..maybe I see one viable piece per year.... I usually find star grass around this time of year when the boaters are out, but have medical issues so I am not collecting, I spend my time lounging at best now. :)

i do have some items not on the site now though, like 8 different gorg species and oxynoe slugs breeding, some decorative starfish that dont clean but look cool, box crabs, sponge decorators, hermits of every size up to a footbal, encrusting gorgonians, GSP, frogspawn frag, hammer coral frag, a species of birareum (sp?) that a member gave me that started as 1 sq inch and now covers 2 sq feet lol.. I should do a spring cleaning of my hobby stuff now that i have the extra time.

johnmaloney

It will be hard to find people that are willing to fly in to FL this time of year ;)... Did you know it was 85 degrees today? Awesome.

shoal grass usually is beat up in drift, star grass usually doesnt show up in drift until the boaters start taking to the waterways in earnest.

i do have some items not on the site now though, like 8 different gorg species

Awww... licks lips on gorgs... (this site needs a lip licking smiley LOL)... need get more stuff to justify shipping... hopefully you'll still have photosynthetic gorgs by the time other macros and grasses start appearing.

In the mean time - rest up!

Btw, anytime you want to trade places with me John, let me know. I'll trade you my free healthcare for your warm weather, beaches and bikini clad slim women etc... any day. :happy::D

It will be hard to find people that are willing to fly in to FL this time of year ;)... Did you know it was 85 degrees today? Awesome.

Lol so when should I expect my plane ticket. It's in the 80's here in Vegas except we don't have nice beaches and the ocean. We have hotel pools filled with smelly tourist lol.

Also, when I lived in S. Fl I saw way too many bikini clad retirees on the beaches. :eek:

But this is Spring Break season... :naughtydance:

johnmaloney

lol... i spend my time in swampy water and the like lol.. this aint south beach

weetie is right about bikini clad retirees

like 6 more weeks....i am going on a 14 day diving trip all over this state and another if i can swing it.

the desert is a hard life for sure, i did it for a short time...you couldnt drag me back. dry heat my ()&* ;)

lol... i spend my time in swampy water and the like lol.. this aint south beach

weetie is right about bikini clad retirees

like 6 more weeks....i am going on a 14 day diving trip all over this state and another if i can swing it.

the desert is a hard life for sure, i did it for a short time...you couldnt drag me back. dry heat my ()&* ;)

Alright, doesn't sound fun anymore... guess I'll keep my plane tickets for spring break in Dominican Republic.

johnmaloney

we used to not have the tank space to do it right, but i just plumbed in 50+ tanks :) will try the water test tomorrow though, I am going to sleep now.

Just spent the First 2 weeks of march in Key West going to Dive Inspection School..... nice but I live on the Gulf in South Louisiana. Get Well Soon.

johnmaloney

the Keys are nice, I will be heading there in May/June :)

Since this is an open ended titled thread what other items would you like to see in the store? inverts only..

Photosynthetic gorgs...did anyone struggle with the non-photos? the purple rod seem pretty hardy to me. Nothing too slimy is my rule with gorgs, I have corky finger gorgs for the penny gorg this week, or at least some, and i think it is about as slimy as i would like to go.

we used to not have the tank space to do it right, but i just plumbed in 50+ tanks :) will try the water test tomorrow though, I am going to sleep now.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a sh*t load o' tanks to maintain! Centralized plumbing?

the Keys are nice, I will be heading there in May/June :)

Don't get your bandages wet!! ;) Take some pics man and post them up! There are may of us who'd love to see the places in the Keys you travel to!

Since this is an open ended titled thread what other items would you like to see in the store? inverts only..

Photosynthetic gorgs...did anyone struggle with the non-photos?

Yarrr! I intended this thread to be open to suggestions by everyone else so that you can get a better idea of what people are interested in etc.... and in the hopes that you'll get stuff we're looking for too! fingerscrossed:D:D

Though I really like the look of non photo gorgs, I can't ensure that I'd be able to feed them on a daily and sometimes even weekly basis. To my surprise, I've found photosynthetic gorgonians to be quite hardy in the aquarium and don't require daily feedings! At times I've gone up to 2 weeks with out feeding them anything to no ill effect! I've even noticed significant growth on one that's been neglected off and on - LOLZ.

Besides photosynthetic gorgonians, I'm also interested in sponges. Both the photosynthetic kind (new to me - never knew that there were such a thing!!) and non photosynthetic sponges. There are other things... here let me make a list:

1) Photosynthetic gorgonians

2) Sponges - both photo and non photo types

3) Rock anemones

4) Ricordea/ mushrooms

5) Zoanthids

6) ... heck, why dont you just carry the entire Caribbean LOLZ. :lol:

I'll list some of the species of photosynthetic gorgonians I'm looking for later. There is a good chance I may be traveling to Boca for a few days in mid May so hopefully you'll have some of these at that time. :)

johnmaloney
you see what my parents spend on me.... <_< Too a much for medical

it is a racket isnt it? in the future I am going to try to make more doctor friends.

a true rarity in the hobby, pictures taken by me:

regalseafan.JPG

and those tanks i was talking about:

tanksblue.JPG

johnmaloney

thanks! now two weeks of restless nights worrying when it will spring a leak and it will be all setup for good...lol... all those tanks, (and 16 more large ones not in the photo) are going to be available for new items

That's a pretty cool setup! Definitely looks ready for collection, cataloging and sorting :).

I've a question - what are the scientific and common names of the gorgorian picture you posted? Is it photosynthetic and are you going to sell it? If so - I'm calling DIBBS on it right now! LOL.

One of the photosynthetic gorgs I'm looking for is Muricea elongata - a nice orange specimen. Ever seen those around? Thanks.

a true rarity in the hobby, pictures taken by me:

regalseafan.JPG

johnmaloney

i have seen those, i can buy them too i can probably order some by next week. we gave some away as penny frags recently

that is a NPS called a regal sea fan. the common name should get you to the scientific name, it is a widely accepted common name. I should have never sold that one^ I felt like it was easy to care for and really popped, it was the center piece....when i get back out there i am going to replace it i think. t

Cool! I probably won't be ordering until early to mid May (if this trip goes according to plan...), hoping you'll still have some by then.

Archived