inTank Media Baskets

Smallest powerhead/pump?

fatreef

Does anyone know of any powerheads like the koralia nano 240 but smaller and much less flow?

I have a biocube 8 gal and want something only moving like 80-100gph.

Thanks

Dunno if you can still get these here, but the tunze mini pumps are incredibly small and pit out like 80 gph iirc

Edit: you beat me again Weet <_<

Dunno if you can still get these here, but the tunze mini pumps are incredibly small and pit out like 80 gph iirc

Lol, that's what I just linked above.

Wow that thing is tiny!!! but almost exactly the kind of thing im looking for!

I have two of them and like them.

My only complaint with them is that the plastic grate that prevents junk from being sucked into the pump can break off easily at the hinges if you aren't careful with it.

However, even if it does that you can still get the grate to stay on there pretty easily.

I've used these for ATOs as they are low voltage and you can splice them right into a float switch...

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ASM-Micro-Pump-200g...l-/350135356539

asmpump1.jpg

With the little "gate" open they move a buttload of water for their size but it is adjustable. The suction cups suck.. well actually they don't. If you mount them vertically on the glass they won't stay long, you really need to secure the cord so they can't slide down if you do mount them that way.

Steve

TheUnfocusedOne
Here's another pint sized pump.....

via aqua

Check out the dims.

dougN

Thats really expensive for such a small pump though.

I've used these for ATOs as they are low voltage and you can splice them right into a float switch...

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ASM-Micro-Pump-200g...l-/350135356539

asmpump1.jpg

With the little "gate" open they move a buttload of water for their size but it is adjustable. The suction cups suck.. well actually they don't. If you mount them vertically on the glass they won't stay long, you really need to secure the cord so they can't slide down if you do mount them that way.

Steve

I had one of those. It was broken went I got it. The prop wasn't aligned right, so it wore off one side right away. It kept hitting a the inside wall and getting stuck.

Others have had success but be warned that you get what you paid for.

Opps, I was looking at the price for 12 of em :lol:

MEGA FLOW! :ninja:

and OP i dont think you can find smaller than those.. and id go with Tunze they're better quality and stand behind their product

Wow 200 gph from that little thing! I think im going to go with the tunze seems like the way to go all i need it for is a deadspot on the left rear corner of my tank under my return head. May have to re-arrange my rock to fit it though :angry:

Hydor has a very small Pico evo pump that I was using in my 2.5gal. It's super small and takes up very little room. I can't remember exactly what gph it's rated at but I think it would be perfect for an 8gal. Just checked, it's rated at 100gph.

aquaglobe + saltwater = headache!

sorry glazer ;)

No worries adin... yes, I had some problems with some of the very early ones. Impeller shaft rusting, magnet corroding. That was, I dunno, ten years ago. I have a few of these that are a couple of years old and they have made some changes to the "guts". I mainly like them because of the low voltage aspect and that they do move tons of water.

Agreed though... there is much better pumps for the money.

Steve

Archived