SaltCritters.com

DCUEVAS74 Custom CAD 42GAL Rimless Build

DCUEVAS74

New Scape

IMG_0620.jpg

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:

First I want to thank everyone who contributes to this forum and for all your helpful advice! After viewing all the awesome rimless builds, I couldn't help but start one of my own.

This will be an upgrade from my 29gal JBJ LED, although not a huge jump. The new tank is a custom build by Cadlights. Technically I started the planning in August and now ready to go. Wish me luck!

LAYOUT:

After moving into a smaller apartment I was trying to figure out a way to fit a larger tank without crowding my place. I have a little room at the end of a built in desk in my bedroom and was inspired one night while studying to have a semi-panoramic tank at the end of it. This would allow me to have a smaller tank but two viewing sides thus doubling the space for coral placement.

HARDWARE:

• 30 X 18 X 18 Custom Rimless Cadlight with Corner Overflow
  • 30 X 18 X 30.5 Custom Stand
  • 20 Gal DIY Sump
  • Mag 5 Return Pump
  • ATO JBJ
  • Reef Keeper Lite
  • MP 40 Vortech w/battery back-up
  • Reef Octopus Skimmer OCT NWB110
  • 50lbs Reef Saver Rock
  • TLF 150 Reactor (Currently debating which media to use)

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!

• 24" ATI Sunpower possibly with LED accents

STAND:

010.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

Doors done....

IMG_0467.jpg

Thanks Hype... pretty stoked! Keep the awesome pics coming. I'll be needing your help on some camera pointers soon!

Well said Das! I've been up the last two nights aquascaping with the reef rock and epoxy. Think I finally got the arrangement just like I envisioned. This should be wet by the weekend.

Great job on the 20L and I am looking forward to the new GLA build.

Gracias gg. Clean on this build is what I am shooting for. The scape on your 40B... niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

DC

PS. I'm a HUGE fan of bacon myself!

Thanks T! As for stocking.. currently I have some GSP just like yours which I am a fan. Just kind of worried that it will take over like it did in my JBJ. I love movement so I'll try to keep a piece and just keep an eye on it. I also have a year old neon green singularia that will come over. Some nuclear green palys, purple deaths, purple puddles and a wide assortment of zoas which I've always been a fan of.

I made the move to a larger setup after seeing seeing builds like yours, hypes and others to clean up the look and start collecting some LPS and SPS. I purchased the 2 part from BRS and will be trying my luck with mainly those and some chalices. As for fish, I have a possum wrasse and ORA mandarine that will be coming over from the JBJ. Thinking a couple more if anything catches the eye.

Thanks David. Your avatar with the felines is awesome! Nice job on the Solana. Really like the rock work. I should have some pics of mine up soon.

This should be wet by the weekend.

Great job on the 20L and I am looking forward to the new GLA build.

f3c0ca230ea4698a86051da9defa33c5.jpg

Thanks dude! Haha I am too, but it is going to take a looong time to get it going :/

Hahahahah said it twice. Well I'm sure it will be well worth the wait!

Pics of the scape work..

IMG_0470.jpgIMG_0473.jpg

Buddha shot

Great job on the stand and the scape! I really like the dimensions of this medium-sized rimless tank. Beautiful and clean throughout. Looking forward to water... :D

Great job on the stand and the scape! I really like the dimensions of this medium-sized rimless tank. Beautiful and clean throughout. Looking forward to water... :D

Appreciate it J. The dimensions worked out perfect for what I had in mind. Water coming soon! Trying to figure out how I want to do the plumbing and waiting on a guy to come by and fabricate a single arm light tree for the light fixture.

This is going to be real nice. Viewing from all sides?

All sides GG, I was going to get a much bigger tank but really have always enjoyed the closeness you get with smaller tanks. So I figured why not a deep panoramic style that will almost double the display and add some depth to the tank.

Love the toy box photo.

This is going to be a fantastic tank!

Thanks d9hp! I like toys.... lots of toys! I'm about to start playing with the RKL. Heard it's been a headache for some so we'll see. :D

Looks very nice. I really like the rock work.

Yeah, this was my first time trying to aquascape with epoxy and super gel. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Sure beats trying to hunt down the "perfect" live-rocks for a set-up. My only regret is that the formations ended up being a little bigger than I wanted. Thanks for compliments and encouragement everyone! Really was inspired and educated quite a bit following all your threads!

DC

Thanks David. Your avatar with the felines is awesome! Nice job on the Solana. Really like the rock work. I should have some pics of mine up soon.

Sorry... I just now saw this! Thanks man! My tank may be close to it's end. Well, at least all the livestock and everything in it. Going to start from scratch after I move in the next month or two! -_-

Seriously... Your scape looks amazing!!! Congrats!!!

B)

Sorry... I just now saw this! Thanks man! My tank may be close to it's end. Well, at least all the livestock and everything in it. Going to start from scratch after I move in the next month or two! -_-

Seriously... Your scape looks amazing!!! Congrats!!!

B)

Thanks D... might tweak it just a bit tonight. Would like to incorporate an arch but do not want it to get too crowded. Good luck to you and girl on the move! :lol:

Archived