Top Shelf Aquatics

Zoa ID

howze01

Just got these this past weekend and wanted to know if there was any special name for them for future fragging purposes. The green ring is much darker green than the pic suggests. Thanks!

5571382575_edbc7e937c_z.jpg

5571382563_cc724d13bc_z.jpg

I see the pic but can't id. Very nice looking though, good buy!

Thanks! For $25 I couldn't pass 'em up!

Dasani, I googled Bam Bam Orange Zoas and they didn't look like these. They were orange and blue/purple. Thanks though

I have a colony of them and I never found a name for them. Mine started getting a white rings on them after a few weeks in the tank.

They are a nice looking zoanthid like Bam Bam's with the volume turned down a bit.

RayWhisperer

I don't know what they are. However, I am calling dibs on your first frag. I mean that for serious. PM me when you have a frag.

I don't know what they are. However, I am calling dibs on your first frag. I mean that for serious. PM me when you have a frag.

lol, there are a few polyps on there now so it shouldn't be overly long. Others I have are doing about 3 heads a month. I will let you know when I get some.

Never saw that color scheme, or anything close to it.. lookin good.

If you can't find an ID, I'll suggest Orange Creamsicle (with 'Orange' being optional.)

It seems like it may be almost an Orange Bam Bam (like Dasani mentioned in the beginning). Like Dizzle said, I am going to give it a little grow out time before I will know for sure. Thanks for your help everyone!

ParanoidObseshun

Also agree that they are Not Bam Bams, nor do I think they are green bay packers. The greenbay packers have a yellowish center with green skirts. I think yours more closely resemble these guys.

zoas_multicolor.jpg

They are supernovas on Zoaid.com. But yours dont have the white splotchy edges, but might develop that with time.

they look like flaimg sun zoas but without the purple

what ever they are i love the colors!

looks very badass!

2nd in line for frags:)

ParanoidObseshun

They wouldnt color up to those (either gorilla nipples), they would have to lose color to become those. The orange skirts would either have to become dull brown or greenish.

Not flaming sun as only the skirt color is kind of close, the rest of the polyp is all wrong.

ParanoidObseshun

Nah man, nowhere close to Bam Bams we know that much so far.

Lets just give them some time to see, but they probably wont change all that much, maybe develop a little brighter coloring/maybe some white splotches.

So I got my new blue LED lights in the mail today. They have a hard time competing with the halides during the day but at night they sure make the tank look eerie. Here are the as-yet unidentified zoas under them.

5576008452_2c989daa09.jpg

Archived