Coral Vue Hydros

Anthonys 5 Gallon Tanks

Builder Anthony

Builder Anthony

DSCF1594.jpg

Good to know though i didnt do anything with any of the acan colonys till today.What i did do today to the blue ones is place them on top of a newly purchased peice of live rock that has a awesome pink sponge on it.

DSCF1586-2.jpg

Cant really see most of the pink sponge or its nice bright color.

DSCF1597-1.jpg

I dont ever use glue so it it much harder for things to stay put.I uasually place them in a hole but i am basicly out of holes now.I was really thinking about it yeasterday when moving things but didnt have any.

All purple corky frags have seemed to open except one that was the base and was bleaching before the cut though the polyps were halfway out i still think it needs more light because the mat is still mostly a light pink to whiteish color.

DSCF1589-3.jpg

The leather colony and frag are fine.

The purple sea fan is such a pain to take care of.The polyps were open today on 75 percent of it.I regret this purchase because its so hard to take care of.things have to be in tip top shape.So you have to wacth your feedings and make sure the polyps are open when feeding.

Purchased today was one metalic neon orange mushroom,one peice of live rock with a pink sponge,one bullseye mushroom.It has a orangeish rim and greenish center,One zoa polyp with a orange rim and whiteish blue streaks in the center.

Wedged the new polyp in the stone so it isnt stolen by whatever was stealing stuff.

DSCF1585-2.jpg

Metalic orange mushroom

DSCF1575-1.jpg

Orange rimed with green center

DSCF1581-3.jpg

Carlgreeni mushroom seems to be good under the blue antinics but the only spot i have for it is in higher flow but since the color is good on it there it has to stay.

DSCF1588.jpg

I have one of my candy canes right next to my airline bubbler for the seafan and the bubbles pass over the candy cane.Ive been wacthing it closely since i thought it would tick off the candy cane but it really doesnt seem to bother it.It was fully opened today.

I did see what i thought was my super fast peanut worm slip into a hole today it seems to have grown some.The thing is extremely fast.

All my fish have been hanging out in the big cave and passageway in the back the last week or two.They really dont ever swim on the reefs top.I am hopeing they are making nests back there.

Left rear side of the tank small cave leading to passageway.

DSCF1596-1.jpg

I think my orange ricodea stung one of my purple mushrooms with the green dots because it was placed close to it yesterday and i seen it closed up with a slime near the tenticles of the ricordea.There doesnt seem to be any real damage except that it was closed up real tight in that spot with the slime near the tenticles.It has been moved again.

Im running the blue atinic light on the tank till around 12 at night and ran the led till 8.Lights were turned on a little later at 830 am they are uasually on from 715am till 715pm

Random shots

DSCF1593-1.jpg

DSCF1592.jpg

DSCF1590.jpg

DSCF1587.jpg

Edited by Builder Anthony
Builder Anthony

Added a new mushroom today and inspecting it closely i found some purple or pinkish flatworms on it.I droped it in some freshwater and they reacted by falling off and curling up.i knocked a few more off and let the mushroom be in the freshwater for about a minute and a half.Well i placed it in the tank then and it shot out sweepers close to its body but not long ones just short ones mostly from the foot area.After a while it slimed up with clear mucus all over and my tank reeks of coral so i did a water change but im still smelling a strong prescence of coral.It caught me atr a bad time because i only had enoug saltwater for a one jar change and now my new waters sitting disolving.Its opened slightly from the ordeal.The mushroom wasnt in the best of shape from its purchase spot it was folded in half but showed good color so something was off in his tank because it was disconnected for one and two folded in half.

I really want to get rid of this purple sea fan its driving me nuts.I dont have the right flow for it.

Asterias are short on algae and eating the purple corky.Nothing to crazy but they are.They pretty much wiped out about 8 polyps of green star polyps with a purple mat.I really dont expect that frag to come back because every time it does they just eat it.

I really need to get rid of some of the leather coral its growing all crazy and i rweally dont need 5 frags of purple corky.They are all still open.

Builder Anthony

It look better with that red and white sponge you got :)

Theres some really nice things getting shipped in soon space is becomeing a issue even with one polyp frags.If i drop something in the back by accident it is virtually impossible to get.Even in the front things are really hard to get to.

It look better with that red and white sponge you got :)

Theres some really nice things getting shipped in soon space is becomeing a issue even with one polyp frags.If i drop something in the back by accident it is virtually impossible to get.Even in the front things are really hard to get to.

Looks cool with the white, doesn't it? But actually the white is dead parts, I bought it like that, hoping it would grow back (which it is, soo slowly) It's supposed to look like this

haha it does look cramped! Start gluing stuff to the back wall? sides? :lol:

Edited by yoshii
Builder Anthony

Hanging things upside down like the purple thing lol good to know about the sponge though thanks.

ThePhilosopher

Sweet mother of fishies. How did you even manage to squeeze that many corals in there? And all of them look so great too. It's like looking at a coral reef version of a jungle.

I like it. :happy: /thumbs up

Builder Anthony

Its not to hard to take care of but a visual check of the tank takes sometime.

Something keeps stealin my zoas.Every time i put in a polyp it is stolen.I know i wedged the last ones in there pretty good and the flow is low there.Theres was a little to much light for the polyp i put there but i was waiting to see if it would adjust.It was closed but it was still flipen there.I wanted to wait a few days to see if it would adjust.

Once i add corals i really dont move them unless i have to so i find a good spot and thats it.Airline helps me move things around.I use the suction to grab the things and move them since i cant really get in there with my hands.

Builder Anthony

Well the single polyp that i wedged inbetween the rock is stolen just like the other 3 i added.No trace of it in the tank.

The mushroom that i bought that was folded in half is acting real weird.I think it may have been cut off of its rock i am still seeing sweepers coming from the bottom and theres a slime that it putting off that appears scab like.I repostioned it in the sand and a bunch of that slime was on the sand from where i moved it.

My asterias are still eating the frags of the purple corky.

Hammer seems to be splitting.

Asterias also eating the peach film algae thats on the snail shell.

One polyp of the green star was open the other day the asterias were also eating the mat of that thing.But it was nice to see a polyp regrowing.

Some random spots in the tank have blue cloves on them.

Leather coral frag fine.

Purple green and orange mushroom still spliting seems like three more shrooms will come out of it.

The blue favia seems to really like being at the top of the tank.

Coraline on glass developing in circles on the glass but it isnt purple its green circles.I think algae is covering it up quickly but thats odd because algae is eaten rather fast in the tank.Maybe the asterias are eating the coraline and green growing on it i am unsure.BUt i know its coraline because of the circular development.

Purple sea fan opened after a waterchange.Bubbles were forming on the top of the tank.Siphoned them out into the new five gallon thats serving as a water change holder for extra water and the drombile

DSCF1604.jpg

DSCF1623-4.jpg

DSCF1622-2.jpg

DSCF1619-2.jpg

DSCF1618-3.jpg

DSCF1617-5.jpg

DSCF1616-3.jpg

DSCF1615-2.jpg

DSCF1614-1.jpg

DSCF1622-2.jpg

DSCF1621-4.jpg

DSCF1618-3.jpg

DSCF1617-5.jpg

DSCF1616-3.jpg

DSCF1615-2.jpg

DSCF1606-3.jpg

DSCF1603.jpg

Builder Anthony

They are blue cloves.I ran the led over the entire tank today so they grey out.If i run atinic blues over them they turn blue.The blue light was getting wet from the airline and needs to be cleaned.2-3 days of blue will turn them blue again.See previous posts.

Sup squared i like your silly icon it makes me laugh.If you look close at that colony picture its loaded with some weird sweeper things and some rainbow feather dusters.Well actually you cant see the rainbow ones they are very thin and have to cacth the light really at the right angle but the other things you can see on there.

My favorite reef scape design is packed so densely that every 1/4 inch distance in the tank shows a new color or spike/curve/cavity like a real reef. no flatness. everywhere a worm, a starfish, a ??, a coral, its perfect.

obviously the tanks with all purple or red acro on each side, using golden ratio stocking etc look sharp but its not my way. this tank of yours is exactly how I like them I wish you would put more in. it shocking and disgusting how much invertebrate life can be packed into a tank for a very, very long time. Only fish ruin the party lol

your tank is in my top 3 fav aquascape designs Anthony nice job.

Sup squared i like your silly icon it makes me laugh.If you look close at that colony picture its loaded with some weird sweeper things and some rainbow feather dusters.Well actually you cant see the rainbow ones they are very thin and have to cacth the light really at the right angle but the other things you can see on there.

lol it seems like everyone has something to say about my avy

it's either awsome or annoying

Builder Anthony

Theres actaully a paired blue neon goby and a paired yellow clown goby in there.And either a pistol shirmp or emerald crab is messing with new zoas.I dont know if they eat them hide them or what the deal is it just really pisses me off.

I just took the new mushroom out and it is cut all acroos the bottom .Well i cant see a foot but theres nothing but sweepers showing on the bottom.Something im not in the mood to deal with but i took it out of the tank because the mushroom next to it started shooting out sweepers.I placed it in the underside of a clam shell i had laying around and placed it in a very small plastic container...The kind they use at the petstore when they cacth your fish and go to bag it up.Thats the plastic container.So theres no flipen airline in there but theres some cheato thats been growing in there with some strain of caulpera.I replaced all the water in there but hteres no heater and no air so this is most likely a problem.Theres nowhere in the tank where itll settle because of the flow and the sweepers will bother other corals.I dont know if mushrooms require air.

Builder Anthony

Newly purchased mushroom was folded in half and has issues.When disturbed it folds into a taco shape with the top collaspseing in.

I changed the water in there today and i am adding the airline in there a few times a day.The shroom seems to have brownish spots on it

DSCF1624-2.jpg

6 watt 50/50

DSCF1625-3.jpg

Underside of shroom.I think it foot was cut off since i see no foot.

DSCF1627-1.jpg

The sweepers

DSCF1631.jpg

Builder Anthony

Its been spitting out brown stuff ocassionally.The water is changed once to two times a day.Air added once to two times a day with one drop of kent micro feeder food.Ive bumped the leather away from the mushroom since the photo.It sucks there seems to be color loss and the mouth doesnt look good.A bad purchase but it was folded up when i saw it in the tank and i dont know how all the damage was done.

DSCF1636.jpg

Some frags that i cut today.10 bucks if anyone wants one.Otherwise ill grow them out in a frag tank that ill be starting i just need a stand.

DSCF1635.jpg

The brownish frag was cut about a week ago but was in a bad spot in the tank not getting light.

DSCF1634.jpg

And the purple corkys were put in here because the asterais were eating them otherwise they would probally just been devoured.They are developing a thin skin of regeneration.

Builder Anthony

Well it doesnt really fold up anymore but thats how it was when i seen it.It wasnt attached and floating at the botom of the tank.I fugured it was looking for a new spot but the underside of the mushroom has all those sweepers.See previous photos.That really freaks me out i dont know why its doing that.I figured it was cut or torn off a rock.Ive never seen a foot on it yet.With the color loss and damage done i dont see this coral making it unless it splits.What i think is going to happen is that its going to bleach somemore and then have a break in a tissue then slowly fade into nothingness.Its kind of sad because i think i seen this mushroom before it was damaged in the petstore tank and it was pretty nice.I thought i got a deal for 10 bucks but i got a little more then that.

Builder Anthony

In the morning the mushroom was spitting out some brown material from the mouth.The build up of this brown material was during the night cycle.It was placed under a 6 watt 50/50 from 7 am - 4pm.Then i moved it under the leds for about 2 or 3 hours.

The leathers browned out a little but im not worried about them because they seem to heal real fast but they lose a little color.Plus there not under the leds all day like they uasualy are.

The purple corky extended 3 polyps but not fully open from lack of light.They have a small build up of green algae on them which is not good.They are not being eaten by asterias though.

DSCF1638.jpg

DSCF1641-2.jpg

This image shows brown gunk that was expelled during the led lights running for 2-3 hours.As for the mushrooms mouth if you look right down the center of it you can see through it all the way to the sweepers underneath.

DSCF1648-1.jpg

DSCF1648-1.jpg

put it into a container on its own. its not going to do well with other corals around it and its not doing any good for the other corals since its spewing stuff. move it. it probably can live. they look like this when they are attaching.

Builder Anthony

Well im building this stand tommrow so hopefully i can have another five gallon up by tommrow.I know its not the greatest haveing them all in the same container but i do about three or four changes on it a day so its pretty much got clean water in it.The water i do drain does smell strongly of coral though lately.Im not sure if that scent is helping or hurting the coral.I dont think its really in the attaching phase since its been loseing color day by day.I dont know with the mouth being able to be seen threw maybe its splitting.I just dont think it would split under color loss conditions.I do bump the other corals away from it but htings move around during water changes and handleing of the container.Ive received mushrooms through the mail before and also smelled that coral scent and those mushrooms were fine.Learning the habbits of mushroom corals isnt to easy.

ok, i think it would do much better if you got it its own container next to that one, maybe abit smaller so you can use less water. you could change his container's water less than daily and he should be ok, just stir it around a few times. put a rock next to him and avoid touching him at all. he should live like that. or put him with a rock in a shot glass into your tank (unless animals would get him out)

Builder Anthony

I cut a cup about 1/2 inch and placed 2 small stones in there and added it to the display tank.All the leathers and purple corkys are in the container.It wasnt taken out of the water i transfered the mushroom into the cup underwater and pulled it out submerged.