Innovative Marine Aquariums

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus

Nice plants. :P

So how long do you think it will take to get everything grown back out again to where it looks nice and full? :unsure:

It'll be a while. Last time I had just softies and very fast growing sps. This time I'm doing just acros and a few birdsnests. It'll be a good 2 years before it looks the way I want it to.

What is the new lighting setup?

It's a custom LED fixture from Steve's LEDs. The setup is as follows (all credit goes to jedimasterben for creating this scheme):

8x 3up stars separate wiring - 1x 4000k white and 2x royal blue

2x single star cool blue

2x 3up stars anti-disco - 1x deep red, 1x cyan, and 1x cool blue

4x violet

drivers:

1x double 1000ma (white)

1x triple 1000ma (royal and cool blue singles)

2x single 700ma (one for DR/CB/Cy, one for violet)

I haven't gotten them up to full power yet, but so far I'm really loving this layout. The tank gets pretty good coverage with areas of different intensities to satisfy different coral and the combination of colors is really making the acros pop and color up. I'll keep you guys updated with progression shots but I'm thinking these lights are gonna kick some serious ass!

It'll be a while. Last time I had just softies and very fast growing sps. This time I'm doing just acros and a few birdsnests. It'll be a good 2 years before it looks the way I want it to.

Ugh, okay in about two years if I remember I will quote that post and we'll look back on this moment and be like, "Wow, that was two years ago and now it's like 2015! Where has the time gone? I want to go back to 2013 ermahgerd!" and just a little note to myself, if I'm reading this in two years, I hope the T-word still isn't your favorite word in the English vocabulary and I sure hope you don't pick it up again since I reminded you because even though it is fun to say if you rhyme it with hat, it's very offensive. :furious:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Ugh, okay in about two years if I remember I will quote that post and we'll look back on this moment and be like, "Wow, that was two years ago and now it's like 2015! Where has the time gone? I want to go back to 2013 ermahgerd!" and just a little note to myself, if I'm reading this in two years, I hope the T-word still isn't your favorite word in the English vocabulary and I sure hope you don't pick it up again since I reminded you because even though it is fun to say if you rhyme it with hat, it's very offensive. :furious:

Can we get an update?

Archived