29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
current stock?

Mandarin pair, darwin ocellaris, and purple firefish. Been the same for about 6 months and it's making me bored

it's a 29! re-homing some of those?

And before I forget:

18 years, 11 months, 9 days.

Happy Birthday in advance for, what is it? April 26th? 27th? I'm going to go for a spa day to celebrate.

Yellow clown gobies are a lot of fun to watch.

You could try a shrimp goby pair.

altolamprologus
it's a 29! re-homing some of those?

And before I forget:

Happy Birthday in advance for, what is it? April 26th? 27th? I'm going to go for a spa day to celebrate.

Yellow clown gobies are a lot of fun to watch.

You could try a shrimp goby pair.

I never get rid of my fish! I'm gonna shoot for 5-6 fish.

Thanks, it's the 27th. How about instead of you taking a spa day, you use that money to buy and ship me something? :P

I'm not risking anything that will munch on sps. The sexy shrimp were bad enough. I really like goby/pistol pairs, but my rocks are sitting on top of the sandbed not the bottom of the tank. I'm worried about my rocks collapsing :( I guess I should have thought that through before setting up the tank.

I was thinking maybe a neon goby? It's a similar shape to my firefish but I couldn't find anything about issues with the two so I guess that's a good sign.

What about a TailSpot Blenny?

Ehh I'm not a fan of blennies. I love Poe but I wouldn't get one for myself.

altolamprologus
done. PM me your addy

I was totally kidding. You don't need to buy me anything. Your love and admiration is accepted though :D

Thanks, it's the 27th.

Happy early birthday so I don't forget!

If this were Facebook and your birthday was on the same day as another friend of mine's, I would click the birthday notification thing on the right and where it lists the names of people and adds a box for each to write happy birthday that will go on their wall, I would write happy in one person's box and birthday on the other person's box, just to confuse people. >:3

altolamprologus

Ok back to fish...I really want something that swims around. I know I want another clown eventually. I'm waiting for sweet<3 (NR member) to have some black ice babies because I absolutely love her pair and I like to give my money to local breeders.

I really like zebra dartfish, but it will fight with my firefish so that's out. Mini dart gobies are awesome, but will be made into fish paste by my mp10 so that's out. Who knew choosing fish could be so difficult?

Happy early birthday so I don't forget!

If this were Facebook and your birthday was on the same day as another friend of mine's, I would click the birthday notification thing on the right and where it lists the names of people and adds a box for each to write happy birthday that will go on their wall, I would write happy in one person's box and birthday on the other person's box, just to confuse people. >:3

Lol thank you

Ok back to fish...I really want something that swims around. I know I want another clown eventually. I'm waiting for sweet<3 (NR member) to have some black ice babies because I absolutely love her pair and I like to give my money to local breeders.

I really like zebra dartfish, but it will fight with my firefish so that's out. Mini dart gobies are awesome, but will be made into fish paste by my mp10 so that's out. Who knew choosing fish could be so difficult?

Buy a possum wrasse. Those are cute. :rolleyes:

altolamprologus

Perhaps and orange lined cardinalfish? Oh wait, that would eat my anemone shrimp

Buy a possum wrasse. Those are cute. :rolleyes:

Ugly and expensive

altolamprologus
EEKS! I was going to get 3.

Blue reef chromis.

Citron Goby

seriously PM me your addy or a PO box if you're cautious.

I'm not positive that particular species does, but cardinalfish in general are known shrimp eaters. I'll have to do more research on them.

I absolutely love those chromis! I'm not digging that max size though...Maybe I'll see if an LFS can get them

Citrons are cool. Don't they perch a lot though?

Citrons are cool. Don't they perch a lot though?

They never swim around and they like to jump. I had a green and a yellow one. Just sat in the kenya tree...

The citrons I saw at my LFS were cruising about, they are graceful swimmers like mandarins. They have a nice size to them, I kind of liked how the fish looked and behaved and am thinking about getting one myself.

altolamprologus

I guess it depends on the individual? And jumping doesn't matter, I have a full hood and fish saver (which apparently doesn't work with frisky female mandarins...). I wish I had a bigger tank to I didn't have to worry about max size.

altolamprologus

Yoshii was just here with a camera so she should be posting new pics sometime soon :)

Oh and I have finally decided the next fish will be a flasher wrasse. Idk what exact species, I guess just whatever catches my eye :D

Yoshii was just here with a camera so she should be posting new pics sometime soon :)

Gosh, pressure!

Don't forget you took some too! :)

altolamprologus
Alto, only 427 pics, not too bad, considering the cardinals :P

How Ironic. 4/27 is my birthday :lol:

Archived