SaltCritters.com

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

"55 gallon african rift lake setup" = cichlid FTS

i actually have the stunner strip webpage bookmarked for when i have $50 to throw away ;)

i want more sps i just don't know of any that will be ok with my lights. any suggestions?

Oh fail. I guess I was just looking for that giant mass of moss (which has gotten smaller?)

:D

MONTIS! omgomgomg

Lol I love montis

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
Oh fail. I guess I was just looking for that giant mass of moss (which has gotten smaller?)

:D

oh i see what happened. its not a true FTS. the tank is like 4 feet wide and i couldn't go back far enough to get the full thing in the pic so the left side has several inches cut off. see all the green? moss...or algae or something. idk it just started growing one day. but in your defense, my brother bought a bunch of new rock and re-aquascaped it so it looks a lot different than when you saw it

mass of moss

lol

MONTIS! omgomgomg

Lol I love montis

they are pretty freaking awesome :D i want the superman monti thing but i've never actually seen one in a store

altolamprologus
Waiting for pics of the new clown & coral *cough*

ok ok i'm uploading them now

the blasto is mad because i touched it when i pulled it out of the bag so i'll get pics of that up later

altolamprologus

camera hated me today and wouldn't let me get good pics, but here's the new little guy :)

he's only about 3/4 of an inch long :wub:

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

altolamprologus
ADORABLE! :wub:

(See what I mean about the red spots?)

yeah that camera is bi-polar or something. sometimes it takes awesome photos and other times it makes them grainy and adds random spots. oh well, i'm happy i even have a camera

yeah that camera is bi-polar or something. sometimes it takes awesome photos and other times it makes them grainy and adds random spots. oh well, i'm happy i even have a camera

omgsh I know right, it's so annoying! <_<

YAAAY the clownfish just ate :D

:happydance:

instead of blowing $40 on a clown, you should have got more coral :P.

i want a black clown, but my tank is already maxed.

instead of blowing $40 on a clown, you should have got more coral :P.

She "doesn't have enough room" <_<:rolleyes:

Replace the orange one with a black one :P

:o that would be mean. id rather get rid of the cardinal :P. nahhh...i like the little guy, even if his colors arn't all that fantastic.
omgsh I know right, it's so annoying! <_<

:happydance:

The grain is digital noise from what I can tell just looking at the picture. Is it set to auto mode (you just aim and shoot the picture)? If so, what auto mode assumes is that you are holding the camera (no tripod) and it adjusted the speed (ISO) to a higher number (think high=grain or noise) so that you can hand hold it in the darker light. When light is good it uses a lower number, less grain/noise.

So some times the picture may come out better (no grain/noise because the lighting/time of day was better in the room. You can use flash, but have it at an angle so it bounces off the glass not into the glass and into your picture. Try 30-45 degrees and see if that helps. I can explain it more if you need, but I wanted to see if it was in auto mode or if something else is wrong.

Tank is looking better and better!

altolamprologus
instead of blowing $40 on a clown, you should have got more coral :P .

$35 because i know awesome people that works at my lfs. and my mom wanted a fish in there (its her money after all, so i had to comply)

The grain is digital noise from what I can tell just looking at the picture. Is it set to auto mode (you just aim and shoot the picture)? If so, what auto mode assumes is that you are holding the camera (no tripod) and it adjusted the speed (ISO) to a higher number (think high=grain or noise) so that you can hand hold it in the darker light. When light is good it uses a lower number, less grain/noise.

So some times the picture may come out better (no grain/noise because the lighting/time of day was better in the room. You can use flash, but have it at an angle so it bounces off the glass not into the glass and into your picture. Try 30-45 degrees and see if that helps. I can explain it more if you need, but I wanted to see if it was in auto mode or if something else is wrong.

Tank is looking better and better!

thanks! that makes sense. i kept messing around with different settings and modes, but you were right, most of them were taken on auto mode. it's not my camera so i don't really know how to use it and i'm kind of technologically challenged :lol: i'll try those tips though

Awesome people are awesome B)

I haven't gotten a text back yet from my dad, but I'm pretty sure he'll let you borrow the decent one :)

altolamprologus
Awesome people are awesome B)

I haven't gotten a text back yet from my dad, but I'm pretty sure he'll let you borrow the decent one :)

YAY!!!! then people can actually see what's in the tank :lol:

and yes, awesome people, such as yoshii, are very awesome

YAY!!!! then people can actually see what's in the tank :lol:

and yes, awesome people, such as yoshii, are very awesome

:D And next, next Friday, if it's ok with your mom, I'm going to ask my dad to let me borrow the good camera and swing by your house to finally get some good pics!

:happy:

altolamprologus
:D And next, next Friday, if it's ok with your mom, I'm going to ask my dad to let me borrow the good camera and swing by your house to finally get some good pics!

:happy:

AWESOME!!!! and by then i'll have new stuff too :)

p.s. tacos and cake :P

altolamprologus
:D Yay!

p.s. Did you know urchins were aggressive fish? :lol::lol::lol:

actually, i just learned that in marine bio today :lol:

i swear sometimes she just makes stuff up and hopes we don't notice

so my clownfish is stupid. he jumped into the back part of the biocube <_< luckily he landed on the grate and stayed wet until i found him (thankfully i'm obsessed at looking at my tank every 20 minutes)

actually, i just learned that in marine bio today :lol:

i swear sometimes she just makes stuff up and hopes we don't notice

so my clownfish is stupid. he jumped into the back part of the biocube <_< luckily he landed on the grate and stayed wet until i found him (thankfully i'm obsessed at looking at my tank every 20 minutes)

Noo way, so did I! :lol:

Haha I think it was just one of her "moments"

:scarry: A while ago I was going to buy a b&w misbar from craigslist, when I got there the clown wasn't the tank, and then finally it was discovered dead where it had jumped into the back chambers :tears:

Maybe try to put some netting over it, or make the wall taller?

altolamprologus
Noo way, so did I! :lol:

Haha I think it was just one of her "moments"

:scarry: A while ago I was going to buy a b&w misbar from craigslist, when I got there the clown wasn't the tank, and then finally it was discovered dead where it had jumped into the back chambers :tears:

Maybe try to put some netting over it, or make the wall taller?

i saw a website not too long ago that had a plastic clip on thingy made for biocubes to block fish from the back chamber. if i can find it and its a reasonable price i'm getting that

Archived