Coral Vue Hydros

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice pictures Yoshi, Altos inhabitants look amazing. I would have liked to see how a fat and happy male mandarin looks to compare mine to. Somebody clean that glass. Or post a side picture.

I'm always worried that mine is not getting enough to eat even though I have not seen any signs of a sunken belly or lateral spine or whatever. However the only 'fat' pictures I have seen on these forums are females carrying eggs which is of no help.

Okay nobody quote that!

altolamprologus

My male actually isn't fat. He has some kind of intestinal parasite so no matter how much I feed him he doesn't gain weight. He still spawns though so it doesn't seem to matter. As long as your mandarin's belly sticks out a little and you can't see his spine he's fine.

My male actually isn't fat. He has some kind of intestinal parasite so no matter how much I feed him he doesn't gain weight. He still spawns though so it doesn't seem to matter. As long as your mandarin's belly sticks out a little and you can't see his spine he's fine.

Yep!

Since mine started eating the rods He is always chunky. Even when he has been just cruising around all day (Mondays and Wednesdays I work 8-8) chowing pods he is fat. Pretty proud of my little Fat @$$.

Your Male is just awesome, he likes to say hi. :happy:

Very nice pictures Yoshi, Altos inhabitants look amazing.

Alto actually took the last two pictures :) and possibly one or two others :)

altolamprologus
FTFY to make it sig worthy. :flower:

Very nice pictures all around. More please.

Lol don't let anybody see that!

I'll work on getting my tanks super cleaned up so I can post a boatload of pics :)

altolamprologus

So I just changed the bulbs a few minutes ago. OMG you will not believe how much brighter and bluer the tank looks. I'm actually kinda scared the corals might bleach, it's that bright!

So I just changed the bulbs a few minutes ago. OMG you will not believe how much brighter and bluer the tank looks. I'm actually kinda scared the corals might bleach, it's that bright!

You might want to shorten your light cycle just to help them acclimate. New bulbs can be coral killers...

altolamprologus
You might want to shorten your light cycle just to help them acclimate. New bulbs can be coral killers...

Thanks, I'll go do that now. I figured that would be a god idea.

I reduced the 10k light from 9.5 hours a day to 7 hours a day and left the actinic at 11 hours a day. That should be good right?

Thanks, I'll go do that now. I figured that would be a god idea.

I reduced the 10k light from 9.5 hours a day to 7 hours a day and left the actinic at 11 hours a day. That should be good right?

I would bring the 10k to 6 hours and the the actinic to 8 hours at least for a week.

altolamprologus
I would bring the 10k to 6 hours and the the actinic to 8 hours at least for a week.

Ok will do

Meh. I don't really like dotties. Plus I just got a fish :ninja:

What kind? Too lazy to scroll up and read. :3

it's a secret, -_-

Hannah Montana had a secret too, but she told eventually! Alto will eventually break down and spill the beans. ;)

altolamprologus
Hannah Montana had a secret too, but she told eventually! Alto will eventually break down and spill the beans. ;)

I won't break down, I'll just reveal my awesome new fish when the time comes. For now, just act like it doesn't exist.

altolamprologus
don't do this to us!

Yoshi, get over there girl!

Yoshii was there when I picked it out :P She won't tell you guys anything so don't try. It's really close to what I was talking about getting.

Yoshii was there when I picked it out :P She won't tell you guys anything so don't try. It's really close to what I was talking about getting.

Come on guys, what's similar to a flasher wrasse?

If we guess it right, erzählst du uns? :D

altolamprologus

I won't tell you, eve if you do guess it. You'll have to wait a few weeks until I put him into the tank and Yoshii comes over to get pics.

Archived