inTank Media Baskets

Man o' War!

Nate Dawg

I found a man o' war at the beach!

Should I feed it zooplankton?

manowarn.th.jpg photowai.th.jpg

ps. Oh and remind me not to ever use ImageShack again. I hate the format that they use for forums.

What image hosting site do you use?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brandolando4

Those things are dicks, I've been stung by them like 6 times!! U should smash it with a hammer!!! I hate them!!

yes and play patty cake with it

I already have. It felt tingly.

Those things are dicks, I've been stung by them like 6 times!! U should smash it with a hammer!!! I hate them!!

I love these guys! They are so cool. I probably won't though once it stings me ;)

carbon-mantis

Honestly can't see how one could be kept in captivity, unless you work in a public aquarium. Those dactylozooids get pretty damn long.

::edit:: Vinegar is apparently a bad idea in the case of the man o' war.

IMO vinegar is a better thing to use than urine. Honestly can't see how one could be kept in captivity, unless you work in a public aquarium. Those dactylozooids get pretty damn long.

agreed, the look on tourists faces when you tell them to pee on it is priceless though.... windex works great too

doppelganger

I thought studies have shown not to use vinegar on man o' war stings cuz it's a different family vs jelly fish.

But I dunno... IMO carbon-mantis has like the most useful signature ever and I scramble to find his posts when I'm looking for something so who am I to question ;)

have they ever been successfully kept in captivity? I thought no...

Well, im gonna try. I wonder if they have any special tank requirements besides low flow?

GOT THE PICTRUES UP!

I just read that they are potentially lethal? Is this true? I'm scared...

I just read that they are potentially lethal? Is this true?

How depressing that you post this on the day after the REAL Nate Dogg actually died..

MoW looks cool. Photobucket is better.

Well, im gonna try. I wonder if they have any special tank requirements besides low flow?

GOT THE PICTRUES UP!

I just read that they are potentially lethal? Is this true? I'm scared...

please tell me youre joking...

Take it back to to the ocean. It will not survive in your tank, and you're just gonna make it suffer. Don't use animals' lives for your entertainment.

Take it back to to the ocean. It will not survive in your tank, and you're just gonna make it suffer. Don't use animals' lives for your entertainment.

lol, talk about irony.

:lol:

doppelganger

lol someone's gotta use that as a sig.

Yes but I do agree with mitch in regards to that statement with the man o' war.

I would agree with his statement if it were other type of animal, but a brainless, not threaten animal that happened to be within grabbing distance; NO. They wash ashore frequently and die inevitably, but by all means go return it to the beach and watch it wash ashore and die. Try it and let us know, btw Photobucket is better...

every big east wind they wash ashore by the tens of thousands. it's cool b/c the sea turtles love to eat them and will follow them into the beaches chomping away. but yeah seriously it wont live in that tank.

brandolando4

Yah, the stupid ing will just wash up again!! Unless he goes to far away from shore and releases it

ps. Oh and remind me not to ever use ImageShack again. I hate the format that they use for forums.

What image hosting site do you use?

Don't use Image Shack again

gulfsurfer101

Dude, wtf, let us know how it goes. I've heard this one crazy old hippy took one home and put it in his 200g display and nuked it in minutes. Careful in what you decide to do with it.

Archived