Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

squirrel's 40g CAD 2.0 - Stuff n Junk

squirrelieygrrrl

I like your photography/ photoshop adjustment skills. The pictures look very correct in terms of what I'd imagine the colors to be. Bluespot's colors seem very correct.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

I like your photography/ photoshop adjustment skills. The pictures look very correct in terms of what I'd imagine the colors to be. Bluespot's colors seem very correct.

Thank you. That's what I try for anyway. The first set were iPhone pictures hence the poorer quality. The second set were with a Nikon dslr, then adjusted pretty minimally in Lightroom. I generally look at a piece of live rock in the image and try to adjust it to what it actually looks like. The coral or subject of the image tends to follow suit.

squirrelieygrrrl

In regards to my testing this morning here's where things ended up.

Mg - 1410 (much more normal)

N03 on replacement water 0 for both tests

K - 380

I've never tested for K so I'm going to have to do some research to understand what to do with that result and then adjust if necessary, as well as monitor any daily decline in that value. The test from Red Sea is quite time consuming at around 20 min in total, and a +/-5% accuracy. I'll be glad when I narrow it down and can have a defined dosing schedule.

squirrelieygrrrl

Nom nom nom!

Love that second picture :)

Lol thanks! It's a hungry little bugger!

In other news.... I may have just broken the bank during WWC's live sale on Reef2Reef...... There will be a bunch of nice acros coming to the tank soon.

squirrelieygrrrl

Finally took the time to take, edit and upload pictures for the reef. Now if i could just fast forward time and let things grow out. Some are from ebay, the local LFS, friends, the world wide corals live sale.

DSC_0656-2.jpg

Partial room shot

DSC_0655.jpg

FTS

DSC_0628-2.jpg

FTS #2

DSC_0658.jpg

Left side

DSC_0660.jpg

Right side

DSC_0637.jpg

Zoa Garden

DSC_0738.jpg

Yumas

DSC_0703.jpg

Micromussa for my wife

DSC_0730.jpg

WWC Hallie Berries, so much prettier in real life.

DSC_0652.jpg

WWC Frutti pop acro

DSC_0635-2.jpg

Unknown Acro

DSC_0643.jpg

Alleged Rainbow Prostrata, we will see with this one.

DSC_0641.jpg

Blueish purpleish stag (?), got it from ebay, the picture was much more blue, hoping it colors back up

DSC_0632-3.jpg

Unknown acro, I like this one. All the unknowns came from a 5 coral grab back frag pack from WWC

DSC_0621.jpg

Green and blue tipped prostrata

DSC_0612-2.jpg

Unknown acro

DSC_0613-2.jpg

Unknown acro #2

DSC_0625-2.jpg

Citron Millie

DSC_0626.jpg

WWC Little Red Ferrari, couldnt capture the colors on this one, body like a red dragon with yellow tips and polyps

DSC_0624-2.jpg

WWC Heartbreaker

DSC_0622-2.jpg

WWC Magenta Madness Millie

DSC_0614-2.jpg

Unknown acro, could be a Tyree Tri color valadia

DSC_0698.jpg

WWC Radioactive Anacropora

DSC_0609.jpg

I almost cried when while I was snipping off the peg on the frag plug it broke.... hope it heals ok.

DSC_0619-2.jpg

Purple Monster

DSC_0610-2.jpg

Snowdrop tabling acro

DSC_0603-2.jpg

Yellow Highlighter prostrata, couldnt accurately capture the colors on this one, definitely yellow in real life with a hint of orange. snagged it for 10 bucks on ebay.

DSC_0602.jpg

WWC Radioactive green slimer

DSC_0608.jpg

Jason Fox ultimate stag

DSC_0606.jpg

Peek-a-Boo!

Marc.The.Shark

Wow! Nice setup, don't know how I missed it while u were in the build phase! I'm always in awe of you guys with your superior photography skillz & I have my crappy cell phone pics! lol

squirrelieygrrrl

Oh my.....beautiful job sg. Scape,coral and pics are beautiful cant wait to see everything grow out.

Aw thank you so much Hype, always means a lot coming from you.

Wow! Nice setup, don't know how I missed it while u were in the build phase! I'm always in awe of you guys with your superior photography skillz & I have my crappy cell phone pics! lol

Thanks Marc, this build was super fun. Probably my most enjoyable one yet. Here I was thinking the photos could have been much better, I gave my camera to a friend and have been using my wife's nikon which I'm not used to yet. Most of them were over exposed and the white balance was waaay off.

Hot damn !!! This is a top notch build,with top notch coral,looking sexy up in hurrrrr !!!! Definitely following along :happydance:

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey! So like 6 years ago you followed my RSM thread when I was a noob, and now all these years later in doing a 20L, and just found your thread! And omg!! It is so stunning. I haven't caught up to what happened over the last 5 years or so, but I love where everything is now! Gorgeous!!!

Archived