inTank Media Baskets

Small brown octopus

gulfsurfer101

Let me know how the move goes D/FW is about 3 hrs or so away, easy afternoon trip. We could definately get some trading done. Are you planning on setting up a big tank at the new location?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Oh man, a dwarf octo in a fluval edge would be sweet. I'm getting some nice mental imagery there. I'm going to try and mod my Mr.aqua rimless for it as soon as I get done with this job and get back home for a little down time.

igotreefermadness

God that makes me miss my dwarf! My LFS got one in and I jumped on it, read everything I could em, fed him live hermits and ghost shrimp for a week. One day he just quit eating and disappeared... I'd love to get another though. Best of luck with yours. DO NOT under estimate these guys in the least bit. I didn't read your whole thread, but TONMO.com is your best friend.

Oh, and these guy's need lots of volume for stable water chemistry. They regurgitate parts of what they eat, leading to high nitrates etc. I was told 40g is a low ball. Just a heads up.

Goodluck.

gulfsurfer101

Thanks, I'm on tomno and that site has been very helpful. I do apreaciate the challange of keeping this creature and all the dead matter is sucked into the water colomn by my K1 and filterd through te ac30 with a halfunit of chempure elite and another med sized bag of carbon just for good measure. My wife just preformed a 2g wc today and will be gathering more snails and hermits tommorrow as she sun bates at the beach with the kids. Too bad I'm stuck in s#!^^y old laredo and away from my tanks till at least early next week.

....nice octopus....

even in the most established of tanks they do not live for to long on average.

I lived in the Canary Islands off the coast of Morocco for half a year

and "Pulpo" as they say in Spanish is freakin' so awesome in salads, i.e. ceviche....

I really miss fresh octopus....mmmmmmmmmmmm...... :P

gulfsurfer101

Too bad these guys don't live too long. Maybe after he dies somebody on here can eat him and post it on this thread. Frank I'm most likely heading that way after this outage is over Mon or Tue. I can't wait, this town is so boring and I'm looking at getting away from my current place and seeing what's new. I'd love to start a large tank but don't know if I'll have the cash after I get everything moved a few hundred miles. I'd be down to trade from time to time though if I make it that way and we could possibly find a halfway point to make it easier on both of us. I like to go explore where ever I'm at. I haven't done much here as I keep hearing horror stories of people going missing so close to the border. I've just stayed close to my hotel and working plenty of OT hours.

gulfsurfer101

Ok today is the first day I have seen him since I got back from Laredo. I don't think my wife shut off the lights once since I left because there is some funky stuff growing on the rocks and she thought it was on a timer like my other bigger tank. He is still alive so that's a good thing. I also noticed some snails and shrimp were still in the tank along with the tiny anlger I caught at the beach. I did a 2g wc and will try to get pics up later. Still pretty busy and haven't got a day off since I left for laredo. I'm looking foward to a long three day weekend to get things in order of where they were before I left.

i had one of these in a BC29. it lived for 2.5 months and was eating well, i had gotten him on to fresh shrimp and so on, and then he kicked it. no brooding, just randomly died. water params were all perfect, don't know what happened. that's how it is with these guys. good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Thanks for the info armored, I have come to terms with the fact that my little buddy will soon perish a most honerable warriors death and will have left his fear upon my hermit and snail population that I'm shure his legend will be passed down generation and generation to come. The great destroyer. Well news for this guy is he's been moved back into my newly renovated Mr.Aqua 12" cube and I'll be posting new pics and vids there soon. I have a link in my sig to the tank he is in now.

Archived