Jay's 5.5 Pico

JayPagi

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NAFB = :D

have you ever been to reefraft?

are you on aquairumpros.ca?

No not yet I just discovered them after signing up on Aquarium Pros last week; have you been? What's it like? The pictures of the store/product looks amazing.

NAFB is best value for your money

but reef raft has the most incredible selection

a little bit more $$ but you dont find the same color or pieces anywhere else - I go once every 2 weeks usually

just go to see even if you dont buy its incredible - make sure you go to the back to see the frag tanks if you go hes also selling these wicked african parrots like wazu from lion king

its two brothers who own it - they are really down to earth and fair guys that will let you bargain and give you better deals if you buy more

ones name is Jay the other I can't remeber - he once gave me a 35$ orange acan for 15$ because thats all I had left

Wow... sounds like you've had some great experiences there!

Once I get my new tank up and running I will have to venture on out for a visit.

I was in ajax this weekend for work

Kingston road and lakeridge

do you know where it is?

Sure do right by the Subaru dealer; it's 5 minutes from my house in Whitby. What line of work are you into? I was at NAFB this Saturday ordered my new tank should be ready in a few weeks.

Sure do right by the Subaru dealer; it's 5 minutes from my house in Whitby. What line of work are you into? I was at NAFB this Saturday ordered my new tank should be ready in a few weeks.

I do door to door debt collections

new tank ooooooo dimensions?

few weeks?

Isn't John coming back in like 3 weeks from Indonesia? + another 2-3 weeks to make the tank?

I'm building a new tank next weekend for my girlfriend NAFB wanted to too much $$

I do door to door debt collections

new tank ooooooo dimensions?

few weeks?

Isn't John coming back in like 3 weeks from Indonesia? + another 2-3 weeks to make the tank?

I'm building a new tank next weekend for my girlfriend NAFB wanted to too much $$

Wow... that's different!

Yeah I know hes away but his son said they would be getting the glass ahead of time; I'm not in a rush anyways I still have to build my light fixture (waiting for parts) and gather a few more items. The tank is a rip of a 60F but a bit bigger... 28"L x 14"W x 9"H. I was so torn with the height of the tank but figured 9" would allow me to get some rock breaking the surface.

Wow... that's different!

Yeah I know hes away but his son said they would be getting the glass ahead of time; I'm not in a rush anyways I still have to build my light fixture (waiting for parts) and gather a few more items. The tank is a rip of a 60F but a bit bigger... 28"L x 14"W x 9"H. I was so torn with the height of the tank but figured 9" would allow me to get some rock breaking the surface.

What are your plans for the lights?

dimensions sound good - how much did they want to put it together?

sump this time?

why do you want rock breaking the surface?

What are your plans for the lights?

dimensions sound good - how much did they want to put it together?

sump this time?

why do you want rock breaking the surface?

Lights came in today! I'm doing another DIY LED with 18 LED's (9RB and 9CW) from CREE, 2 x Meanwell dimmable drivers, 1 x 4.5" x 16" heat sink and 2 moonlights. I enjoyed putting together the LED light on my 5.5 so much I couldn't resist doing it again.

No sump I don't have any room for it with my current stand; it may get drilled later down the road but not now. I'm going to likely use and Eheim 2232 w/ custom surface skimmer.

I just like the look of a rock point coming out of the water to me that's what a shallow reef is all about but we'll see how the scape pans out.

Was it easy do it the diy led? where did you buy them?

I know what you mean about the rocks coming out

we will have very similar dimension

I remember the feeling when I ordered my new tank - I thought it about all day and night you must be so excited

just some advice: take your time on the transfer

plan it out and be patient - try not to rush it , I have made that mistake before

Was it easy do it the diy led? where did you buy them?

I know what you mean about the rocks coming out

we will have very similar dimension

I remember the feeling when I ordered my new tank - I thought it about all day and night you must be so excited

just some advice: take your time on the transfer

plan it out and be patient - try not to rush it , I have made that mistake before

Yeah I thought so; that said my first build was quite simple this one is a little more complex but still shouldn't be too bad. I use Rapid LED they seem to have the best prices but Modular LED are out of Alberta and are also a good choice; I've bought some parts from them.

I almost copied your tank to a T I dig the dimensions that much but decided to do something for myself.

Yeah I can't wait to start putting this all together. My 5.5 is cool but the layout is too small for me to really get into; I'm coming from an 80 gal cichlid tank.

I certainly will that's sound advice.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe so. When I first bought it I thought it was a Blasto and I wasn't corrected so I went with it. It has been growing new heads almost daily over the last couple of weeks. They are fun to watch feed.

whats new?

Nothing really new to report with my 5.5; its clean an running like a top the Duncans continue to multiply and the GSP is growing like a weed... I need to remove some of it when I transfer to my new tank.

I've been busy collecting all my goods for my new tank. So far I received my RO unit from Aquasafe Canada (bought on ebay free shipping and less money from BC), I just received my Hydor ETH 200 yesterday; still waiting on the actual tank (not in a rush), assembling my DIY LED and I need to pick up a canister filter soon. Hopefully in January I will be ready to start a new thread.

Definitely duncans, and yes I enjoy the way they grab the tweezers when I feed them mysis. I am hoping my four heads are starting to sprout new ones, a couple of promising 'warts' on the sides.

No new FTS yet but I took some pictures of the two frags I picked up today.

Two little mushrooms on a rock...

6496616981_f936110320_z.jpg

6496621913_083083438a_z.jpg

This rock had a few different color Zoa's on it so I grabbed it. I won't be keeping them on this rock though.

Does anyone know the name of these Zoa's?

6496626567_7d7337aba1_z.jpg

6496632593_eac0b231d7_z.jpg

Archived