SaltCritters.com

WTF is this for? AC70 Media Basket!

inTank

HecticDialectics
I honestly can't understand why Hagen hasn't done something like this themselves before now. your insert takes a barely usable stock filter and makes it a perfect addition to a nano tank.

steviet: real american hero.

srsly, this is pretty awesome... :hi5:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thadscottmoore
One of your above guesses is correct.

so, we have it narrowed down! would it be safe to assume within a couple months or couple weeks?

One of the above guesses is correct

This was probably sent by you. :P

Received this tonight from some guy who sent a contact us email earlier in the week. I responded within 2 minutes of receiving with answers and pictues, neat stuff. But I would not call him to talk general who knows what about fish tanks, just don't have the time for that.

Welp, you lost my business here, I am not buying anything from you thats for sure. I will be sure to spread the word too on the boards that you are inflexible in how you communicate with your customers. There is a VERY big difference in being efficient and being EFFECTIVE in business. Best of luck.

Here was another

well to be completely honest its not very efficient for me and I would like to buy something from you once I learn more. Being that I am the customer with the $ maybe you can make a concession? I would be happy to schedule a time that works for you. The product I am most interested in is the media basket and want to learn more overall with your experiences modding the biocube if you could offer any input there.

in bold is what triggers my this will be a 2 hour phone call with a n00b that will ask all sorts of stuff you can find answers to here.

thadscottmoore

lol, for once- it wasnt me! hehe. but, I have seen the end product of steviet products- and its well worth the wait! btw, I just bought my brand spanking new Aqua Clear 70 just for this future mod! water will not run through its impeller until your product is firmly seated in its new home. I gutted out a nanocube12dx- gave the hood away- bought an sunpod metal halide setup from someone on the nano-reef classifieds. something to play with outside my red sea max frankenstien setup.

One of the above guesses is correct

This was probably sent by you. :P

Received this tonight from some guy who sent a contact us email earlier in the week. I responded within 2 minutes of receiving with answers and pictues, neat stuff. But I would not call him to talk general who knows what about fish tanks, just don't have the time for that.

Here was another

in bold is what triggers my this will be a 2 hour phone call with a n00b that will ask all sorts of stuff you can find answers to here.

haha, poor stevieT! You should start replying that your modding consultation runs $75/hr and must be prepaid.

Exactly. Time is money it would literally have to be about that to make it worth while. Accepting retainers of $200 non refundable.

lol, for once- it wasnt me! hehe. but, I have seen the end product of steviet products- and its well worth the wait! btw, I just bought my brand spanking new Aqua Clear 70 just for this future mod! water will not run through its impeller until your product is firmly seated in its new home. I gutted out a nanocube12dx- gave the hood away- bought an sunpod metal halide setup from someone on the nano-reef classifieds. something to play with outside my red sea max frankenstien setup.

That's good to hear. It won't be long but I have no date right now just teasing you guys with what is to come :)

clockwork john

Any chance you'll make media boxes for AC filters specifically designed for use as mini refugiums? Maybe with smaller holes to keep macroalgae other than chaetomorpha in?

Hey stevieT, can you give me a step by step walk thru of how to DIY this myself? thx!

You bet!

1. Purchase acrylic
  2. Design on CAD
  3. Purchase $60,000 laser cutter
  4. Pew Pew Pew
  5. Secret step
  6. Weld
  7. Enjoy

1. Hire smart Asian person to do steps 2,4,5 and 6 for you and figure out what step 5 is

After you do this make sure you let everyone know that they all do not need baskets in their AC70's

You should also create a custom overflow mod for AC70 too.

It's in the brain. Don't exactly know what I want to do with this yet. Baskets first for the filters then super Stevie resources to come up with a hopefully original idea.

That's good to hear. It won't be long but I have no date right now just teasing you guys with what is to come :)

I don't have a date, just wetting the whistle. won't be long

doppelganger
  1. Hire smart Asian person to do steps 2,4,5 and 6 for you and figure out what step 5 is

lol awesome.

btw StevieT, u have a shoutout in j2me5ku's thread u have to do a "omgomgomg" to. ;)

thadscottmoore

I think to really tease everyone- you need to send me one before they come out! that would really wet some peoples whistles! just a thought! :)

RayWhisperer
You bet!

1. Purchase acrylic
  2. Design on CAD
  3. Purchase $60,000 laser cutter
  4. Pew Pew Pew
  5. Secret step
  6. Weld
  7. Enjoy

After you do this make sure you let everyone know that they all do not need baskets in their AC70's

My God! No wonder you won't ever become a multinational corporation. Lemme show ya how it's done.........

HD, I gotz it all figured out for ya.

Step 1. Let StevieT do all the legwork.

Step 2. Let StevieT invest all the money.

Step 3. Make a knock off version of StevieT's product.

Step 4. Sell them here in your thread and via PM.

Step 5. Profit!!!!!

Archived