inTank Media Baskets

alfieFIVE - 5g Pico Build

alfiefive

I didnt even think about your ac70....but yeah It did look like you have more surface flow than i do as well. Your totally right about putting your hand in there....friggin frustrates me everytime but hey, the price i pay to run to the brim :)

yep. turn off the ac70 to reduce flow to work on something == mess. i swear at one point my desk had its own salt creep :P

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an enjoyable segment of my main piece of rock for me. Picked up the colony of very tiny zoas at my LFS for a steal and they have opened beautifully. They wrap around the liverock. There are probably 30-35 polyps all together. The actinics don't really show how green they are (or how green the GSP is, for that matter). The zoas on the top part also have neon green skirts that I'm incapable of capturing (need to take some pictures when the lights are up, but I always remember to post here at night!

1GN2c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is a badass little setup !!! I miss my "cube". Your rock work is nice,and the frags are pretty swift. Where did you get your acan's an the huge birdsnest ?!?!

This is a badass little setup !!! I miss my "cube". Your rock work is nice,and the frags are pretty swift. Where did you get your acan's an the huge birdsnest ?!?!

L F S

Skipton's in Boston, MA. We have a pretty strong relationship & I trust their water supply, so I'm there often.

L F S

Skipton's in Boston, MA. We have a pretty strong relationship & I trust their water supply, so I'm there often.

lookin amazing alfie!

bobmonkey11

looks like you are battling some GHA, you should probably do a water change and maybe add some chemipure or something to the system.

looks like you are battling some GHA, you should probably do a water change and maybe add some chemipure or something to the system.

i just replaced my chemi pure and have a regular water change and conservative feeding in place for the next few weeks. gha outbreak is 100% from my pipette breaking and dropping a boatload of mysis into my tank during acan feeding. it's actually not very bad, but definitely highlighted by the use of a flash on my camera. a lot of it is actually green film, which i notice in direct relationship to feeding.

the two acan frags had gha growing on the skeletons and i used brandon's 20/80 h2o2 dipping method to treat them with great success. they are more inflated now than ever!

Holy he'll, $15 for that huge birds nest? Down here in Florida that'd go for 75+ easy.....

my hermit crab assassination squad is doing it's job and tag-teaming the biggest margarita in my tank. it's definitely been killed and is presently being devoured (awesome, i love hermits so much more than snails).

since this was the largest snail in my tank (.75'' maybe) and my tank is only five gallons, i'm curious if I should just remove it to prevent it. maybe if i see the CUC start to leave it alone I will take it out so that too much crap doesn't rot in my tank. i just got over a systemic GHA problem and don't want to be back where I was before I got it all cleaned up.

anyone with similar sized tanks have a recommendation? thanks

Wow that is a good price on the birdsnest. I have been up to Skiptons a couple times and whenever I go it seems like anything decent is very expensive. All of locals swear by skiptons but I was never impressed.

Either way awesome tank!

Wow that is a good price on the birdsnest. I have been up to Skiptons a couple times and whenever I go it seems like anything decent is very expensive. All of locals swear by skiptons but I was never impressed.

Either way awesome tank!

thanks! bryant (with a T) is the guy to talk to there. he's been a great support for my tank and has passed my "are you an idiot" test, which mostly consists of questions derived from horrifying LFS stories I read on this website.

they do have expensive prices for their large corals/colonies (like the aussie scoly's they have right now are something like $400 a pop, although they are beautiful).

i have never paid full price for anything i purchased there, love those guys.

Archived