inTank Media Baskets

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

are you afraid of daddy long legs too? technically those are a bit different from arachnids. but i want to know if fear will differentiate :lol:

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep afraid of those too. I know its kind of pathetic lol. I was at work last week and a black widow on the wall while I was walking by and I probably jumped 20 ft lol. It was horrible.

Drift Monkey
Just a little lol

Yea crabs dont bother me... just spiders. Its just an irrational fear lol. Thats why i hate camping cause there are just too many damn spiders.

You do know there are spiders literally everywhere right? You've probably swallowed some in your sleep...

very true, at least 1-2 swallowed by now lol

well black widows are something to stay away from, so I can recognize your body's choice to stay 20 ft away :lol:

I have seen ones like that in my basement... prolly not the same species, but the same body plan and likely size.

ok, enough scaring gritchie lol, we should talk about his tank.

Drift Monkey
I have seen ones like that in my basement... prolly not the same species, but the same body plan and likely size.

ok, enough scaring gritchie lol, we should talk about his tank.

I'd hope not. Brown recluse spiders are highly dangerous! :haha:

right, but it sounds like people have varied reactions to the venom and generally it is not crazy potent. therefore i guess mine are not that species, but the ones i find sometimes are around 2" maybe slightly larger. reclusive spiders are supposed to be small.

Drift Monkey
right, but it sounds like people have varied reactions to the venom and generally it is not crazy potent. therefore i guess mine are not that species, but the ones i find sometimes are around 2" maybe slightly larger. reclusive spiders are supposed to be small.

br8-mid.jpg

Those spiders look like the ones from the movie arachnophobia. Now that was a scary movie haha. When the spiders invaded the house had me breaking out.

K enough spider talk lol and time to get back to the tank. Everything is looking great, at least to my eyes lol. Thought I would show some pics along with a new FTS. Please let me know what you think.

Palys?

IMAG0545.jpg

FTS

IMAG0547.jpg

top down 1

IMAG0548.jpg

Top down 2

IMAG0549.jpg

Top down 3

IMAG0551.jpg

looking good as you say

Thanks man.

One of the sexy shrimp is getting on my last nerve. No matter how much I freed him he always is munching on my zoas. If it keeps up he is going back to the lfs. Damn shrimp.

Drift Monkey
Thanks man.

One of the sexy shrimp is getting on my last nerve. No matter how much I freed him he always is munching on my zoas. If it keeps up he is going back to the lfs. Damn shrimp.

Send him to me! :D

I finally caught the last of the sexy shrimp that was in my tank literally 5 mins ago. I had three and then I couldn't handle all the coral munching so I decided to exile them to my gf's tank. The third one was too fast to catch and he was the worst at eating my stuff. Today I got home and he was picking at my sps. I finally got him out thank god! I really hope you have better luck with them. Your tank is looking awesome btw! You have some good looking zoas, I wouldn't want the sexies to eat em all. Keep up the good work.

Send him to me! :D

Get a bunch of zoas first so they will have something to eat. I think its just the bigger shrimp cause he is always on the zoas. The other one just chills on the mushrooms.

I finally caught the last of the sexy shrimp that was in my tank literally 5 mins ago. I had three and then I couldn't handle all the coral munching so I decided to exile them to my gf's tank. The third one was too fast to catch and he was the worst at eating my stuff. Today I got home and he was picking at my sps. I finally got him out thank god! I really hope you have better luck with them. Your tank is looking awesome btw! You have some good looking zoas, I wouldn't want the sexies to eat em all. Keep up the good work.

Yea they can do a lot of damage for such a small creature. And thanks for the compliment. I'm trying my best.

Drift Monkey
Get a bunch of zoas first so they will have something to eat. I think its just the bigger shrimp cause he is always on the zoas. The other one just chills on the mushrooms.

I'd probably get get a maxi-mini for them to eat off...and try feeding 'em. Are you feeding them anything?

Drift Monkey
Yea I'm going to try pellets to see if that fills them up more.

make sure they are shrimp pellets. cannibalism ftw! :haha:

make sure they are shrimp pellets. cannibalism ftw! :haha:

Lol you know it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Went to the lfs store today. Picked up some stuff. Pics soon

Archived