Pod Your Reef

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nor_cal_nano

Yes. Most definitely. I'll also have a certificate in crime and intelligence analysis.

I actually just had an interview 2 weeks ago for an entry level intelligence analyst position. I didn't get it unfortunately, but the lead hiring guy said I was his number two pick. The one who got selected had already worked there at the agency so they were familiar with her and she had already been backgrounded. The guy told me it would have been very difficult to beat her.

Anyways, there's supposed to be more positions opening up there soon so I shouldn't have much of a problem getting in then. I'll probably be interning there until the spot opens up. Crossing my fingers.

Well good luck man. Sounds awesome. I only chose crj cause I wanted to go to law school but changed my mind and I was already so far into the degree there was no reason changing. My parents are actually more excited than I am because they don't have to pay for it anymore lol.

nor_cal_nano

Thanks. I originally planned to go to law school as well. Too much more school and no guarantee it will have a significant payoff in the end IMO

Great tank and thread Gritchie4 yours was one of the firsts I followed and provided a great deal of inspiration in starting my own! I'd love some input/criticism on the JBJ Pico experiment I'm starting!

So I get home from work and look into my tank as I always do and noticed one of my hermits molted and it kind of freaked me out. Not because I thought it was dead or anything, because both were crawling around, but when i took it out it looked like a spider kind of. Now this wouldn't bother most people but I have the worst arachnophobia out of anyone I know. Now I'm going to have nightmares of hermit crab molts crawling on me lol :scarry:

Yes. Most definitely. I'll also have a certificate in crime and intelligence analysis.

I actually just had an interview 2 weeks ago for an entry level intelligence analyst position. I didn't get it unfortunately, but the lead hiring guy said I was his number two pick. The one who got selected had already worked there at the agency so they were familiar with her and she had already been backgrounded. The guy told me it would have been very difficult to beat her.

Anyways, there's supposed to be more positions opening up there soon so I shouldn't have much of a problem getting in then. I'll probably be interning there until the spot opens up. Crossing my fingers.

Every time I've gotten a great job I have F'd the first interview and nailed the second. Not saying you did that, but it is hard, period, to nail the interview for whatever you want and then actually get the job, considering all the other factors (the random "BEST" other applicant, etc.) I am in a competitive career (as yours seems to be) and I'm sure you'll find that everything will work out in your favor. It did for me! Good luck!

Drift Monkey
Not funny. That is a terrifying picture lol. Why would anyone want to be that close to it.

Though you might like that! :owned:

Found a red platform crawling around the glass today. Pulled that $#@*$ as fast as I could. Hopefully that was the only one.

Drift Monkey
Found a red platform crawling around the glass today. Pulled that $#@*$ as fast as I could. Hopefully that was the only one.

What's a red platform? :unsure:

Yea i read they split and increase in numbers really fast. Just hoping that was the first one even though it probably wasnt.

nice spider. imo you can safely be close to it as long as you dont go around touching it, because once you hurt it, it looks like it has some large fangs that will probably hurt lol.

I like how the tank is going.

nice spider. imo you can safely be close to it as long as you dont go around touching it, because once you hurt it, it looks like it has some large fangs that will probably hurt lol.

I like how the tank is going.

Thanks man. To be honest, if that spider was in my house, i would be sleeping in the car, no joke. My girlfriend has to kill any spiders cause im usually in the corner shaking lol. Snakes, scorpions, bugs dont bother me. But put a spider in the mix and im gone.

Drift Monkey
Thanks man. To be honest, if that spider was in my house, i would be sleeping in the car, no joke. My girlfriend has to kill any spiders cause im usually in the corner shaking lol. Snakes, scorpions, bugs dont bother me. But put a spider in the mix and im gone.

Something about those 8 legged buggers huh? Wouldn't crabs bother you too then? :P

arachnophobia much?

Just a little lol

Something about those 8 legged buggers huh? Wouldn't crabs bother you too then? :P

Yea crabs dont bother me... just spiders. Its just an irrational fear lol. Thats why i hate camping cause there are just too many damn spiders.

Archived