• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christopher Marks

5497511497_a1f40c6fcf_z.jpg

Road Ranger by crmarks

5493919708_af0a6885bd_z.jpg

Fallout Shelter by crmarks

I'm thinking about picking up a Fuji X100 later this month to have a compact camera to always have on me. Here it is next to a Leica M3. I've been following it's development for quite some time, they just started shipping in Japan. The first photos on Flickr with them are looking pretty good.

5494289480_c6136fefc1_z.jpg

Leica M3 versus Finepix X100 by Nokton, on Flickr

Christopher Marks

Fair enough!

It's far more than just a beautiful camera though. APS-C sized sensor, bright optical view finder, f/2.0 lens, 1/4000 shutter speed, 35mm view, it's a pretty powerful compact. They say the build quality is incredible. I happen to enjoy analog controls on cameras.

Christopher Marks

It's expensive, no doubt. The G12/S95 are nice cameras, but they're in a different class. I'm looking to get close to DSLR quality. Before this I was considering a Panasonic GF1 w/ 20mm lens, where the attraction is interchangeable lenses.

Size-Comparison-01-4.jpg

Before this I was considering a Panasonic GF1 w/ 20mm lens, where the attraction is interchangeable lenses.

Size-Comparison-01-4.jpg

Hey cm i had the gf1 for a while last summer its a nice camera but past ISO 200 is pretty disappointing.

Awesome pics BTW love the style..

• 2 weeks later...
Christopher Marks
Hey cm i had the gf1 for a while last summer its a nice camera but past ISO 200 is pretty disappointing.

Awesome pics BTW love the style..

My friend has a full GF1 setup with the EVF and 4 nice panasonic lenses including the 7-14mm wide zoom. It's a nice setup and a little more portable, but I definitely agree with you on the image quality. They're noisy after ISO 400 and nearly unusable after 800, for anything but web or small prints. The 20mm pancake is really impressive though, beautiful depth of field and bokeh. I anticipate m4/3rds improving in the next few years, but for now it's just not quite there.

Obi_Wan_Goby

Really love your pics! Very nice! Love the lines and textures.

Picked up a Nikon D7000 last week so would appreciate any pointers!

Rabidgerbil38
yeah yeah and do you care if i print up and sell some mouse pads with your images on them?

I never said sell

Archived