ReefCleaners.org

peanut worm?

foothill reefer

foothill reefer

post-49977-1298534357_thumb.jpg

can someone help me id the "thing" in the pic? i saw it after the lights were off. i believe it's nocturnal.

it looks like a Sipunculid, aka a Peanut worm shown on few websites. anyone know much about it? reef safe? good or bad?

I got one just like that too. I saw it spew some strange stuff out of it's mouth the other night. It looked like dust or something. Anyone know what it could've been?

S1130002.jpg

Heres mine. Murderous bastage! I fight him every night. I put on my cape and arm myself with bbq tongs, tweezers, rubber gloves and hatred. I stand precariously with my arm in the tank holding the tongs just barely open near a snail awaiting the prick to come out and cover the snail with its suffocating snot then I squeeze with all my strength hoping to nab him but alas I am fruitless.

Ive given up trapping, catching, removing rocks that I think hes in( so far about 5lbs worth has been removed) and now have taken an eye for an eye(err head) approach. I wait for him to start stalking and I slowly go in with a pair of kitchen shears and get right around him with a red flashlight, wait for him to get blood lusty and distracted then SNIP I cut the feckers head off! He slowly retreated back to his hole where normally it is like a streak of lightning. Havent seen him in the last 2 nights nor have I woke up to snot covered escargot.

I have NO faith that I killed it they are that resourceful. I likely made him into 10 worms. And this time he will have teeth the size of a corn combine and will reach out into my room at night and cover me with snot then feed from me for the next week. At some point im gonna have to get the transformers to save whats left of my neighborhood.

I got one just like that too. I saw it spew some strange stuff out of it's mouth the other night. It looked like dust or something. Anyone know what it could've been?

It is your live rock! They chew through it to make tunnels and eventually their layer...muh hahaha. I dont care if they are said to be mainly detritavors, once they ger a taste of a snail or your coral, poop is no longer on the menu.

sure enough, looked last night after several days mia and there he was, minus a head but still VERY much alive and hunting...oh my god! if I can I will get a picture of his zombie A$$. I think tank breakdown is the only solution for the eucinid worms. They are obviously indestrutable by meager human weapons.

Archived