Cultivated Reef

worm

Hotpants

I just got home and saw another one of my mystery worms munching down on a cerith snail. The snail and the surrounding area was covered in a sticky mucus.

make that 2 down. I also saw him go down into the sand bed.

this guy really likes to burrow and I might have seen another worm. Did I just send all my snails and a cleaner shrimp to their deathbeds?

make that 2 down. I also saw him go down into the sand bed.

I got one of those worms too. They are quicker than crap and take off when hit with light. The bristles that everyone is talking about do resemble velcro loops, but not like the bristles on a bristle worm. They can stretch out really long and skinny too. I had the opportunity to snag one that I saw in my nano last night, but I don't think it's a problem. I may pull him from the tank if I get another opportunity though. I'd like to know exactly what type of worm it is too.

The minute I take the light off of him he keeps going after the snails. Is there anything I can do? I feel really bad for the snails. :tears:

can aiptasia live in sand?

Dude, aiptasia could live in a toilet with a turd floating around. Those things won't friggen' die.

The minute I take the light off of him he keeps going after the snails. Is there anything I can do? I feel really bad for the snails. :tears:

do this and wait till the worm goes in there and remove.

the closest ID I can find is an Oenone Fulgida worms. This thread on rc is it, just with better pics. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...=segmented+worm

screw reef central!

this works every time, just bury it half in the sand near where it lives- bait, wait, and send to pearly gate.

worm_trap.bmp

worm_trap.bmp

They both appear to be staying in one rock. If I removed that rock from the tank, what would be the best way to get them out of the rock? Stick it in really salty water?

They both appear to be staying in one rock. If I removed that rock from the tank, what would be the best way to get them out of the rock? Stick it in really salty water?

put it in fresh water or just air, they will come right out. no, this wont kill the good bacteria in the liverock. Why didnt you just use the trap/bottle technique I drew up last night for you...spendin' way too much time on this one buddy.

put it in fresh water or just air, they will come right out. no, this wont kill the good bacteria in the liverock. Why didnt you just use the trap/bottle technique I drew up last night for you...spendin' way too much time on this one buddy.

Unfortunately I couldn't get any bait until this afternoon when I went to work. I also nabbed a pair of gloves from work. could you tell me if there safe to use in the tank? they are just the light plastic gloves that doctors and dentists use. There vinyl powder free, 100% latex free, and non sterile.

Archived