SaltCritters.com

Light Reccomendations for 10g

LarryMoeCurly

LarryMoeCurly

I'm looking into possibly upgrading my lighting from 2x18 nova extreme (would most likely sell it).

I'm a college student with a relatively small budget.

Anyone have experience with topdogsellers on ebay? specifically this fixture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-T5-HO-Aquarium-Ligh...=item45f8a3a6fd

There is also a fixture that has metal halide combined with t5ho, but I have read not-so-good things about it.

Reccomendations for better lighting besides what I have listed would also be great, I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find many options. I don't want a DIY, I want a "plug and play" sort of thing.

The tank is a standard 10g and I am looking to be able to keep LPS and soft corals.

Any advice is much appreciated!

1 maybe 2 par38 bulbs? i have a nep over mine, had a 4x24 fni fixture on it before..i ultimately wanna have two par38 bulbs over this tank in the future and into my next build

I've been thinking about two par38's but I think that would be a little out of my price range, unless they sell them cheap somewhere.

there was a pair on sale on here for $155 shipped..the fni shipped is $110 anyway, so you should just sit and look out for them unless you need them urgently

try a wtb ad in the hardware classified and wait:) patience leads to good deals :happy:

Archived