Top Shelf Aquatics

Keep running my T5s or upgrade to a single PAR38...

vangvace

So it is about time to change out my bulbs, but for the same price I could have a shiny new PAR38 bulb.

Would the 40 degree optics work for a tank that is 20Lx13Wx18H with LPS and softies?

So it is about time to change out my bulbs, but for the same price I could have a shiny new PAR38 bulb.

Would the 40 degree optics work for a tank that is 20Lx13Wx18H with LPS and softies?

Are those dims in cm or in? A single bulb they usually say should cover 12"x12", but that is obviously swayed by your optics and how high up it is.

Inches.

40* optics are tighter to penetrate deeper..you'll need maybe..3? with like 60* optics? that's a stab in the dark i'm not really good with that, but i can guarantee.. you one par bulb won't be enough, especially with 40* optics..bump, hopefully someone else can help you more

Yeah I would say you would need two 60 degree lamps minimum. But.....I'm no expert. I do have Boostled Par 30's as supplimental light and if I was to use just them I would need waaaayyyy more to light it.

Archived