Did I mess up?

Outofstock

Yesterday in the Goby tank of the LFS I saw a strange looking fish. Employees guessed that it was a weaver goby and I was sure it wasnt and I knew I read about it before. End up purchasing the fish with intentions of looking it up to make sure it was reef safe (had an inkling because I KNOW I read about it before). Get home find while looking on liveaquaria and them saying is is reef compatible and peaceful.

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_displa...amp;pcatid=3035

I havent been able to find much information on them as far as fishkeeping is concerned, but the one thread I found from here people are saying they are aggressive. It is a small fish and in a 40 breeder with two clowns, PJ Cardinal and Skunk Cleaner.

Should I be worried?

Yesterday in the Goby tank of the LFS I saw a strange looking fish. Employees guessed that it was a weaver goby and I was sure it wasnt and I knew I read about it before. End up purchasing the fish with intentions of looking it up to make sure it was reef safe (had an inkling because I KNOW I read about it before). Get home find while looking on liveaquaria and them saying is is reef compatible and peaceful.

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_displa...amp;pcatid=3035

I havent been able to find much information on them as far as fishkeeping is concerned, but the one thread I found from here people are saying they are aggressive. It is a small fish and in a 40 breeder with two clowns, PJ Cardinal and Skunk Cleaner.

Should I be worried?

I don't know anything about that fish. But, by the picture, it looks like something that could open it's mouth pretty wide. I personally would be worried about any small fish in my tank. But, again. I'm just going by the looks of it. I know nothing about it. Good luck with your decision!

The male Orangethroat Pikeblennies are known to engage in flamboyant displays ranging from tail-standing, contortions, flaring and mouth gaping for a colorful and energetic show.

Hope you got a male :D

animalmaster6

:unsure: Pikeblennies are unfortunetly, not good reef canidates at all. They are aggressive, big, need a deep sand bed, and they will eat shrimps. Pikeblennies have big mouths and will eat shrimp and small fish. Definetly remove him.

I will say this though, if you decide to make a tank for just the pikeblenny, it is worth it. They are so rewarding and extremely interesting. I know for sure that I would like to keep some one day. They are colorful and their behavior is incredible.

Hope that helps.

Archived