Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Why Trochus snails OWN!

Alexraptor

I love Trochus snails!

They seem to be among the few species that can hold their own against hermits. B)

Was lucky enough to catch this little display on camera :D

Yep tiger trochus are the best. Expensive compared to other snails, but they last a lot longer. Mine even spawned and I had little baby trochus in my tank.

I love mine.... when he gets pissed or stuck somewhere does the spin maneuver. hearty bastards too...

Oh yeah!

I still remember when i got my first Trochus... for the longest time i thought i had a pistol or mantis in the tank because i kept hearing a clicking noise.

All until one day when i finally saw him do his thing. :lol:

Also love the fact that they are not sitting ducks if they fall down on their back like many other snails.

I saw my Astrea snail doing that when a hermit was sitting on its shell picking off the hair algae. My trochus I got with my two astrea snails for 1.99 It's huge and is always nomming.

+1 for trochus snails! Far and away my favorites: they're fast as hell, spin to push hermits off, and I feel like they never sleep! unlike nerites -_-, these guys actually eat all damn day!

+1 for trochus snails! Far and away my favorites: they're fast as hell, spin to push hermits off, and I feel like they never sleep! unlike nerites -_-, these guys actually eat all damn day!

really? my trochus seems to be more nocuturnal.

i'm pretty sure it's a trochus, pink spirals on shell, black foot, flips itself over.

Oh yeah, payback. :lol:

I love it when mine go crawling on one of my hermits, and he's on a near vertical rock face and really has to strain to hold the weight. :lol:

Archived