Cultivated Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

It was actually hilarious, I was tempted to leave it on and see if it would survive :lol:

I know! Silly critters wanting to be all in style and whatnot! :lol:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nevermore1701
I know! Silly critters wanting to be all in style and whatnot! :lol:

I got a rock with a TON of baby mushrooms on it, I might give him one when they grow out and see how it does :lol:

Everything looks nice, :happy:

Thanks! I just checked your thread out too!!!! Those sps are gonna look amazing when they grow out!!!!

Looks great gena! :)

Love the gobies. :D

Thank you, my dear :) When are you getting the RSM? You are a very lucky girl to have such wonderful parents!!!!

I got a rock with a TON of baby mushrooms on it, I might give him one when they grow out and see how it does :lol:

Looking forward to seeing that!!!!!

what are you going to put in your FW?

My plan is to have lots of plants and a trio of guppies. I'm kind of afraid of the reproduction that will be going on though. I may switch them out after a while for another type of fish. Any suggestions? It's a 3g picotope.

nevermore1701

Male guppies are more likely to fight when there are fewer females than males. If you don't have any females at all, they tend to do OK.

Also consider Cardinal Tetras. Beautiful, quick little fish that tend to do very well in warm planted tanks, and you could have a few more as they're even smaller than guppies.

There is a whole world of interesting freshwater nano fish!

Honey gouramis are neat, I had a dario dario (scarlet badis) that was full of himself. Don't forget the classic betta. I have a halfmoon blue dragon scale betta that is just beautiful.

There is a whole world of interesting freshwater nano fish!

Honey gouramis are neat, I had a dario dario (scarlet badis) that was full of himself. Don't forget the classic betta. I have a halfmoon blue dragon scale betta that is just beautiful.

The 2 gouramis we had ate the plants.

Were they honey gouramis? I have never heard of that before.

Pink Kissing gouramis and then I tried the keyholes as well and they all chewed on my java fern, and then the anubis. Then they went bye bye. Chichlids are all aggressive as well, they would attack everything. Never again will I keep gouramis.

I've never been a huge fan of gouramis myself. I just know the dwarfs can make nice nano tankmates.

I hated my gouramis - they are some lazy fish

I've always loved gouramis and especially love the honey gouramis, but I feel like this tank would be way too small for them.

I think if the guppies don't work out I will go with the cardinal tetras. Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!!!!! :)

In reef news......

I did my water change today. I cleaned out my pump chamber and took out the pump to give it a deep cleaning. Now I can't get the darn thing to be quiet!!!!! URGHHH....it's driving me nuts!!!!!!! I've taken it out so many times and fiddled with it. I've gotten it a little quieter but not good enough. I think I may need to replace the darn thing. I might as well go with the maxi jet.

Here's a couple of photos. Top down, before cleaning and FTS after cleaning.

topdown1-22-12.jpg

1-22-12

FTS1-22-12.jpg

Archived