Coral Vue Hydros

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what? it was always the milkman

Used to be...we don't have those anymore. Modern day = UPS man. I have a playboy UPS driver. He always honks when he drives by. Mine's a great guy. He even took interest in my reef...stepped in to look at it. He knew I had it from the heavy buckets of salt he was delivering to me.

surgicalsense
Used to be...we don't have those anymore. Modern day = UPS man. I have a playboy UPS driver. He always honks when he drives by. Mine's a great guy. He even took interest in my reef...stepped in to look at it. He knew I had it from the heavy buckets of salt he was delivering to me.

"Took interest in my reef" ... thats code :P

j/k

Hahahahah .....when he knocked on the door and asked you to sign his pad did he have one leg up on top of your bucket of salt as if he had a little captain in him

surgicalsense
Hahahahah .....when he knocked on the door and asked you to sign his pad did he have one leg up on top of your bucket of salt as if he had a little captain in him

:lol: .... I almost want to quote this one!

hawkgonereefin

I used to love winter storm warnings...so exciting! Actually, I used to dread them when I worked, but after I became a stay-at-home mom, I loved them :)

I'll look forward to your thread. Let me know when it's going, in case I miss it. What kind of lights are you getting and what tank do you have, btw?

I have an old ViaAqua 20 gallon tank. Not a fan of it really but its what I have so I am using it. I had a PC 96watt 50/50 on there but I thought it was time for something different so I went with somthing cheap http://www.aquatraders.com/18-inch-Metal-H...tem-p/54242.htm Replacing the stock bulbs with better ones. Will eventually go with some LEDs. but waiting on my buddy who is an electrical engineer to hook me up :D or ill leave these on this tank and buy a AIO system that has them already. We shall see. Really like the look of the new 16g nuvo.

And apparently need to learn how to use the quote thingy properly :rant:

Doh! how i managed to miss this.......I dont know :huh:B)

Thank ya!

No problem, also, if you want to quote more than one body of text, hit "quote" next to reply on all of the posts, and then click "add reply."

nevermore1701

That's why I stopped going to the gym, too damn many creepy people! Fortunately I seem to avoid them elsewhere. Just hope that since I don't run into creepers anywhere else it doesn't mean I'm the creepy one! :o

Woot woot :happydance:

I've got 5 gallons of distilled water testing at ZERO TDS. Bring...it...on...... :lol:

It was very hard for me to dump the 2.5 gallons of saltwater I had going for tomorrow's water change. But knowing what I know now I just could NOT use it. So...new 0 batch getting ready to mix (just warming the water before I add the salt).

Think this will do it???????? I sure hope so fingerscrossed

I got it at Target for .89/gallon (plus .5 CRV). So .94/gallon.

Initially I'll do 2 changes/wk till improvement happens and then I may go back to 1 WC a week to save some money.

I have an old ViaAqua 20 gallon tank. Not a fan of it really but its what I have so I am using it. I had a PC 96watt 50/50 on there but I thought it was time for something different so I went with somthing cheap http://www.aquatraders.com/18-inch-Metal-H...tem-p/54242.htm Replacing the stock bulbs with better ones. Will eventually go with some LEDs. but waiting on my buddy who is an electrical engineer to hook me up :D or ill leave these on this tank and buy a AIO system that has them already. We shall see. Really like the look of the new 16g nuvo.

And apparently need to learn how to use the quote thingy properly :rant:

That looks like a reasonably priced MH light!!!!! You can keep anything with that :)

I'm jealous of your 20 gallons. I would love to have more gallons to work with. I think ideally, instead of upgrading to a bigger tank, I will just plumb a display fuge onto this tank. That's in the event of a move. I just love this tank so much. The size is just right for me and the amount of work I'm wanting to do with it :)

On a different note the plus side to being a delivery man is you get to see things like this(I just recorded it)

Double rainbow

Ps nice quote ss ;)

That's a beauty!!!! But even more beautiful to me is all that LAND!!!!! I miss open fields sooooo much!!!!! I was born to live in the country. One of these days I'll have my old farmhouse full of antiques and a big garden to grow my own vegetables. I'll have chickens, maybe a goat. And, of course, a reef tank...always a reef tank :)

That's why I stopped going to the gym, too damn many creepy people! Fortunately I seem to avoid them elsewhere. Just hope that since I don't run into creepers anywhere else it doesn't mean I'm the creepy one! :o

You must look really good without a shirt on ;)

That's a small peice of land too haha, I got farm landaround here that's 2000+ acres of open feild. And you'll be fine doing 1 w/c per week gena, just do an initial 5 gallon like your going too and another one a few days later, then start doing your regular weekly on the day you do it at, you'll notice a difference with just those first two changes.

Also has your dragon tongue colored up yet & have orange sparkles on the tips?

nevermore1701
Woot woot :happydance:

I've got 5 gallons of distilled water testing at ZERO TDS. Bring...it...on...... :lol:

It was very hard for me to dump the 2.5 gallons of saltwater I had going for tomorrow's water change. But knowing what I know now I just could NOT use it. So...new 0 batch getting ready to mix (just warming the water before I add the salt).

Think this will do it???????? I sure hope so fingerscrossed

I got it at Target for .89/gallon (plus .5 CRV). So .94/gallon.

Initially I'll do 2 changes/wk till improvement happens and then I may go back to 1 WC a week to save some money.

That looks like a reasonably priced MH light!!!!! You can keep anything with that :)

I'm jealous of your 20 gallons. I would love to have more gallons to work with. I think ideally, instead of upgrading to a bigger tank, I will just plumb a display fuge onto this tank. That's in the event of a move. I just love this tank so much. The size is just right for me and the amount of work I'm wanting to do with it :)

That's a beauty!!!! But even more beautiful to me is all that LAND!!!!! I miss open fields sooooo much!!!!! I was born to live in the country. One of these days I'll have my old farmhouse full of antiques and a big garden to grow my own vegetables. I'll have chickens, maybe a goat. And, of course, a reef tank...always a reef tank :)

You must look really good without a shirt on ;)

I think you'll be happy with the distilled water, I could never start using water that already had junk in it! I too would love to have a larger saltwater tank, but there's just no way I could find the money to do that, I can't even afford to get LEDs and really stock my tank right now! (darn school :angry: )

As for land and wide open spaces, there can be too much of a good thing.... Around here it's just flat and ugly, hot and dry in the summer, no trees or greenery, and smells like cow poop half the time. Ugh.

And for the record, I look good in (or out of) anything :P

(is joke!)

I really like your tank gena. It has a very natural look to it. I have a soft spot for mushrooms because my fiance absolutely loves them. She had her own pico set up that we used to call the mushroom paradise. It was full of mushrooms. We took it down when we moved and moved all the remaining mushies into our 14 gal biocube. I was actually thinking of getting a 5.5 gal so we can start another mushroom paradise. If we do start another mushie tank we will definitely be putting a green banded goby in because I absolutely love yours!

That's a small peice of land too haha, I got farm landaround here that's 2000+ acres of open feild. And you'll be fine doing 1 w/c per week gena, just do an initial 5 gallon like your going too and another one a few days later, then start doing your regular weekly on the day you do it at, you'll notice a difference with just those first two changes.

Also has your dragon tongue colored up yet & have orange sparkles on the tips?

I can only do 2.5 gallons at a time with my set up. Will that be ok? I usually do 2.5 on Wed and 2.5 on Sunday. Tell me what I should do. I trust you :) My mixing container only holds 2.5ish gallons.

And, yep...it's blood red with some orange tips :)

Even the UPS guy thinks your tank should run for TOTM!

I just love the reaction when the UPS guy realizes he's delivering live coral. The stuff I was expecting today was late, so I called the local UPS store and was asking about it they knew what time it would come in. I told the guy it was live coral and he was just kind of like "What? Ummm, ok..."

I think you'll be happy with the distilled water, I could never start using water that already had junk in it! I too would love to have a larger saltwater tank, but there's just no way I could find the money to do that, I can't even afford to get LEDs and really stock my tank right now! (darn school :angry: )

As for land and wide open spaces, there can be too much of a good thing.... Around here it's just flat and ugly, hot and dry in the summer, no trees or greenery, and smells like cow poop half the time. Ugh.

And for the record, I look good in (or out of) anything :P

(is joke!)

Do you live in northern Texas? That's the only place I've seen that fits that description :lol:

I already feel so much better knowing my water is at zero!!!!! I've used it already for my top off.

You may have to go post a picture of yourself on Joel's thread. That seems to be the place to show the world what you look like :lol:

I really like your tank gena. It has a very natural look to it. I have a soft spot for mushrooms because my fiance absolutely loves them. She had her own pico set up that we used to call the mushroom paradise. It was full of mushrooms. We took it down when we moved and moved all the remaining mushies into our 14 gal biocube. I was actually thinking of getting a 5.5 gal so we can start another mushroom paradise. If we do start another mushie tank we will definitely be putting a green banded goby in because I absolutely love yours!

Thanks jg!!!! I'm a big fan of your pico :)

I don't know what it is, but mushrooms seem to appeal to us girls. I know guys like them too...but I think more girls are big fans than guys...so it seems anyways.

I hope you do set the 5.5 up and add the green banded gobies. They are super awesome little fish.

I just love the reaction when the UPS guy realizes he's delivering live coral. The stuff I was expecting today was late, so I called the local UPS store and was asking about it they knew what time it would come in. I told the guy it was live coral and he was just kind of like "What? Ummm, ok..."

So far I haven't had any reactions to my "live" packages. Maybe they're used to it or something. I'm sure they deliver all kinds of crazy things. The other day I saw the UPS man rolling a new big truck tire down the sidewalk. It looked kind of ridiculous.

Archived