Coral Vue Hydros

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Your rics are really pretty :) and they haven't even settled, they are going to become so much more colorful. :):happydance: your tank is literally TOTM material. Just let us know when you're comfortable with it to be nominated.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nevermore1701

Apple/Mystery Snails are the only ones I'd recommend, the others tend to reproduce WAY too fast! Even if they don't snack on your plants too much, they just have a tendency to overrun the tank, especially small ones.

Your rics are really pretty :) and they haven't even settled, they are going to become so much more colorful. :):happydance: your tank is literally TOTM material. Just let us know when you're comfortable with it to be nominated.

Thanks, Joel :blush:

I'll let you know. I kind of want the montis to grow more and less HA.

Morgan's coral always arrives happy and colorful. She's the best :)

Apple/Mystery Snails are the only ones I'd recommend, the others tend to reproduce WAY too fast! Even if they don't snack on your plants too much, they just have a tendency to overrun the tank, especially small ones.

I'm just trying to help her ID it. I had them and my loaches ate them before they could reproduce too much, but yes in her tank it wouldn't work.

But if you want an algae control the second ones are okay just have to thin the heard every time you clean the tank. Trade them for credit etc.

This is an apple snail, they are good but can get big, and apparently are okay to eat.....

This is bad snails

Shoot...I need to see it again, not sure which it is! Thanks for the pics and link! Apparently they don't eat plants but they can have LOTS of babies. Maybe I'll let it be. Hopefully that won't be a mistake.

The apple snails are pretty! See....I didn't even think of keeping snails. I thought they ate plants!

Damn that macro looks good in there gena!! I love the pic of the two tanks together

Thanks, Brad!!!!!

Im jelous of Gena's rics, my first one died when i was on vaca, clown or hermit flipped it over, this next one was too small i think and didnt pull through either

:flower:

;)

Im jelous of Gena's rics, my first one died when i was on vaca, clown or hermit flipped it over, this next one was too small i think and didnt pull through either

I've never had problems keeping them alive. Making them stay put is another story omgomgomg

surgicalsense

Very cute I love the way it looks, so natural ... Love the color on those rics. I want to get a ric soon. Now that I think I have rein of the tank again :huh:

Scales'n'Tails couldn't do anything about my hood. So I came up with an idea ;) also I have th little heating in the 3g so no more ick occurances. So I will restock on the little guppies. I will just get some Galaxy and Neons.

I figured it would all work out for you SS!

I have a little heater in my tank too but the most it gets up to so far is 76. Right now it's sitting at 74. It has no controller so I think 74 is the bottom line and fluctuates higher with air temp. Seems like it's an acceptable range for what I have. Looking forward to getting my guppies too :)

I took this picture about 4 days ago. I can't believe the amount of growth I'm getting with this Sunny D!!!!! Since I've taken this photo it's sprouted 2 more heads!!!!! So cool!!!!!

sunnydoffspring.jpg

nevermore1701
I figured it would all work out for you SS!

I have a little heater in my tank too but the most it gets up to so far is 76. Right now it's sitting at 74. It has no controller so I think 74 is the bottom line and fluctuates higher with air temp. Seems like it's an acceptable range for what I have. Looking forward to getting my guppies too :)

I took this picture about 4 days ago. I can't believe the amount of growth I'm getting with this Sunny D!!!!! Since I've taken this photo it's sprouted 2 more heads!!!!! So cool!!!!!

sunnydoffspring.jpg

I have one that looks a lot like that. Sadly it's in a place I can't get a good pic of it, and it's grown much slower than the plainer ones :angry:

nevermore1701
It's one of my favorite palys!

Never...does yours have the sparkly skirt? That's one of the distinguishing features of Sunny D's.

Kinda hard to tell with my lights, but it looks like there's a bit of sparkle. Not as much as yours though. I wonder if better lights would make 'em show up better.

Lights might make a dif. I never noticed the skirts until the LFS employee showed me. I originally wanted the rainbow paly until I saw the bling :lol:

Water change complete..yay! Ricordeas are doing well. No sign of unhappiness by way of detaching...yay!

My pink birdsnest hasn't had much polyp extension today...unusual for it. I hope that it's ok!

Speaking of water changes, I'm still pissed about the LFS water :angry:

Just mix your own. This way you are totally in control. I've been called a micro-manager before :lol:

Weird about your birds nest. Im still putting my water change off...for another few hours lol

I think I MIGHT know the cause. I was running chemipure elite in the tank. I started getting cyano. I remember in the past I never had cyano until I added CPE (weird, I know). Maybe just a coincidence? Well, I pulled the CPE out a few days ago so the system was running with no carbon. I have a very mixed reef. Forgot that tiny detail. I'm sure there was some war chemicals floating around in there to tick things off.

I'm now running a bag of carbon, along with the bag of GFO. Hopefully things will get back on track with it.

nevermore1701
Just mix your own. This way you are totally in control. I've been called a micro-manager before :lol:

I've been mixing my own for a year and a half now. Was looking forward to not having to :P

Archived